The most unusual thing you've done on the game

Omnislash on disc 1.. I actually never heard of anyone else that did it, but I know I'm not alone about it :p It was fun.. I killed Jenova LIFE in one go with it, but I may have attacked it once or twice or so before Omnislash with some summon.. I just remember killing it with Omnislash and the battle being VERY short.
 
Just go to the battle square and win enough BP. You need A LOT of BP to buy Omnislash on disc 1 though. It costs 32,000 BP on disc 2/3, but it's a lot higher on disc 1.. can't remember the exact price, but it's definitely above 50,000, maybe above 60,000. You need patience above all else to get it, unless you have severly over-leveled characters :)
 
It's probably because you're not supposed to get Omnislash on disc 1. I guess it's just there for the crazy mofos to get it if they really want to.

I can't really remember what my average levels are at any stage of the game :p But I started playing the game again yesterday, at Chocobo Farm for first time now.. I'll probably try to get Omnislash on disc 1 again, but I'm not going to get that far today or even tomorrow I guess :)
 
lol i'm a complete ff freak i do everything straight away i play for like 7 hours a day lol but that's only on 7 and 8 cos they're the best ones in my opinion the others aren't as good
 
Wezzy said:
:lionheart on disc one :D

How in the heck did you get the Lionheart in Disk1; and by Lionheart, do you mean the weapon, the Limit Break, or the whole package?
 
Limit Break comes with the weapon. If I remember correctly, you need Ammo-RF from Ifrit and you need to play cards until the cows come home - assuming the cows live in the middle of the ocean and don't know how to swim. Getting the Pulse Ammo on Disc 1 is the most difficult part of that whole thing.
 
Wezzy said:
that's only on 7 and 8 cos they're the best ones in my opinion the others aren't as good
Then you need a new opinion my friend. ;)
 
You can edit your own posts, you know.

And you don't need to be overleveled for anything in FFVIII. There isn't a single enemy or boss that will be easier with a higher level (except possibly towards the end, most if not all bosses have a max level, but not normal enemies) except Omega Weapon (he's always level 100 it seems), because enemies level up with you. In fact, most enemies are easier at low levels, because their stats grow faster by each level than yours do and they will use their best attacks only at high levels.. strength in FFVIII is determined by your junctioning, not your levels :)
 
Last edited:
good point. But as far as getting any weapon in FFVIII regardless of level, monsters, or items. Don't you need the magazines first: Which in the case of the Lionheart you dont get until like Disk 3.
 
You don't need the magazines to be able to make a weapon. If you have the necessary items to make a weapon, it will appear automatically in any junk shop.

And you don't need a high level to get Lionheart on disc 1. If you want to get Laser Cannons from Elastoids to get Pulse Ammo, sure, then you need a high level. But you can also get Pulse Ammo from Energy Crystals, and you can get Energy Crystals from refining Elnoyle cards.. you can get Elnoyle cards in Balamb Garden already, in like the first hour of the game. It will take a while to get all the cards you need, but it sure is possible.

You can get Dragon Fangs by killing Grendels.. even from a low level one, so you don't need high levels for that. You can fight a fixed battle against one in Balamb Garden during the NORG's hunt for Cid, but that's not on the 1st disc, right?). You can fight them in random battles at various locations on the Galbadia continent (not sure on exact locations) and on ICTH (but you can't get there on the 1st disc).
 
yeah, but you need 10 elnoyle cards to get just one, i think you 20 to get enough ammo don't you? i have to say i would rather level to get them rather than play cards the whole time, don't get me wrong i love cards but it's very annoying playing for that long. I stopped playing ff8 for a long time trying to get a card off laguna's adopted daughter(forgotten her name and the card i was getting off her, it may have been the Laguna card) when Rinoa goes psycho and realeases Adele. It was very very hard to get with the rules in outer space but i s'pose i could (should) have tried harder so i may start playing it again soon. I would mave on witht he game but i want every card in the whole game i have done almost everything else i think.
 
And I'd rather get the cards than level up. I don't level up in FFVIII until the end of the 3rd disc when I have all stat boosting GF abilities. IMO, every level up is wasted if you didn't have 4 stat boost abilities equipped. You can't undo a level up. But then, I'm lazy and rather wait with Lionheart until disc 3 altogether. You don't need it that early anyway, the game is easy enough :)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top