Re: Kefka the most rotten villan of all?
Let me clarify - I wasn't saying that Kefka was the best villain. I was just saying he was better than Sephiroth. But then again, so was Gilgamesh in FF5.
If we're going for final villain in utter cruelness factor, I'd say Kefka, X-Death, and Kuja all tie.
If we're going for just awesomeness, Gilgy. I'm not even kidding.
If we're going for final villain in awesomeness... hm, Zeromus and Chaos. Fewer thing are cooler than hatred manifested in physical form or a demon living eternally in a time loop so that even when he's destroyed, prevents the heroes from receiving any recognition.
"Hey, we're the Light Warriors and we just defeated the Dark Lord Chaos. Reward us!"
"Uh.. the who and what?"
"Dark Lord Chaos? The Four Fiends that have been threatening the world these past two thousand years?"
"...Honey, we got some druggies out here in the front yard!"
Yeah. Overall best villain probably has to go to Garland/Chaos (including best line, despite all of Kefka's awesome one-liners).
"You impertinent fools! I, GARLAND, will knock you all down!"