The narrow road/path often untraveled.

I think (and I KNOW we agree) that yes, as the bad happens you *should* grow and learn...but also before-hand...try to grow and grow and grow - regardless of what's going on in your life - good or bad. = 3 This way, you're more prepared for (and hopefully can get around a lot of) the crap that life tends to throw you. = D
 
Exactlehhh..

But most people think their situaton is the end of the world, and think they don't have the power to change anything. It's KIND OF sad, but not really, because you can't expect much of society anymore. ;_;
 
I don't WANT to expect much from people anymore - I've been let down too many times.

I don't expect much from the government, I know SS won't be there in another 10-20 years.

I don't expect much from my friends - they have their own lives to lead and problems to survive through.

I don't expect much from my parents...I'll probably end up taking care of my mom until she passes.

I don't expect ANYTHING from my brother. He's the biggest loser I know.

I don't expect much from my sister (again - the whole life to live/problems to survive mentality.)

I don't expect much from my loved-one...that way I don't put my faith in someone too much to get my heart completely shattered.

Pretty much all that's left is me. = 3 I can make or break my future, my income, my wisdom, my LIFE...and THAT's scary = \
 
reasoniamalive said:
I don't WANT to expect much from people anymore - I've been let down too many times.

I don't expect much from the government, I know SS won't be there in another 10-20 years.

I don't expect much from my friends - they have their own lives to lead and problems to survive through.

I don't expect much from my parents...I'll probably end up taking care of my mom until she passes.

I don't expect ANYTHING from my brother. He's the biggest loser I know.

I don't expect much from my sister (again - the whole life to live/problems to survive mentality.)

I don't expect much from my loved-one...that way I don't put my faith in someone too much to get my heart completely shattered.

Pretty much all that's left is me. = 3 I can make or break my future, my income, my wisdom, my LIFE...and THAT's scary = \
I'll tell you something right now. Don't EXPECT out of anyone. Expecting brings doubt, and disappointment if they aren't to your expectations. While it's good when they live up to them, any other time it goes wrong, you'll lose every single ounce of hope you had in them, due to you putting your expectations at a certain level.

I don't expect much of my girlfriend either, LOL. But I believe in her. I've put all of my belief in her, actually. I don't have a set in stone decision on what I'll do when she does what she needs to do, so I won't get hurt at all. Know why? I didn't expect her to make a right decision. She's just a normal human being too. She's not some kind of emotional and mental super hero. (I like to believe I am. ;]), but I'm not one either. Chances are, if everything goes wrong, I WILL be sad and depressed.

But this ALL ties in with what I've said in this topic. About knowing too much about the situation, and learning nothing from it. I've allowed myself to learn just so much about the situation, but not enough to see where the outcome is going. That's why I'm not learning anything now, but I'll forgive and forget(or rejoice :3) when the time comes. Know why? 'Cause I didn't expect it. I only believe she'll make the right decision for herself, and whatever decision she makes, is okay by me.

(BTW, if you already knew all of this, tell me why I had to type it all out..XD; )
 
I'm gonna post more about this in the 'Level-up Your Life' thread - but Luis RLY helped me today. The narrow/difficult roads in my life are more mental than physical perse...and I'm gonna work hard to overcome those mental 'roadblocks.' I'm tired of excuses and am going to do my best to move forward.

...God help me.
 
Hydra said:
I'll tell you something right now. Don't EXPECT out of anyone. Expecting brings doubt, and disappointment if they aren't to your expectations. While it's good when they live up to them, any other time it goes wrong, you'll lose every single ounce of hope you had in them, due to you putting your expectations at a certain level.

I don't expect much of my girlfriend either, LOL. But I believe in her. I've put all of my belief in her, actually. I don't have a set in stone decision on what I'll do when she does what she needs to do, so I won't get hurt at all. Know why? I didn't expect her to make a right decision. She's just a normal human being too. She's not some kind of emotional and mental super hero. (I like to believe I am. ;]), but I'm not one either. Chances are, if everything goes wrong, I WILL be sad and depressed.

But this ALL ties in with what I've said in this topic. About knowing too much about the situation, and learning nothing from it. I've allowed myself to learn just so much about the situation, but not enough to see where the outcome is going. That's why I'm not learning anything now, but I'll forgive and forget(or rejoice :3) when the time comes. Know why? 'Cause I didn't expect it. I only believe she'll make the right decision for herself, and whatever decision she makes, is okay by me.

(BTW, if you already knew all of this, tell me why I had to type it all out..XD; )

Being gone for a while, I wish that I had gotten the chance to take part in most of what else has been said already. >> But now, I suppose, is my chance.

As for expecting things out of life...I suppose it's all the more true that if you try to expect only good things out of life, you'll only end up unhappier, because always hoping for something good to come along just unecessarily gets your hopes up, until you're at the point where if something happens that completely destroys all of that hope, the crushing disappointment is a hundred times more than it has to be. So, though I've expected great things out of my life and others more times than I can count, I know it's not always the best thing to do.

But WITHOUT hoping for anything at all can also be one of the worst things to do to yourself...if you never believed and expected anything special out of your talents, everyday things, then you would eventually give up on everything. If you never think that you can do better, or hope for your closest friends and family, then you won't ever get ANYTHING new out of life, or grow, because you wouldn't even want to try to hope for the best of everything and try to MAKE it happen for yourself, and for others. So, in short, you can't just expect for things to always happen and go your way, but if something DOESN'T work, then you've got to go out there and TRY to make it happen.

And, as for the topic earlier when i had questions on, say, wishing that I knew what would happen in a situation beforehand, so that I wouldn't make any mistakes, so that nothing would go wrong, blah blah blah meandmylittlerant.....I'm still going through some troubles where, if I had ONLY known, I know that I would be better off...(among other things....) but I'm just going to leave myself at this; 'there's nothing I can do about it NOW, so there's no use worrying over it anymore. I can cry and sob and get angry all I want, but it won't change anything. So I'm just gonna forget about it.'

XP
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Naturally, you expect things. You can't not expect a thing, or why bother even getting in the situation in the first place?

I'll make this longer when I go to sleep..I'll edit it, or just double post and merge it. =D

Either way, this'll be directed at:

Doctor Faust said:
And, as for the topic earlier when i had questions on, say, wishing that I knew what would happen in a situation beforehand, so that I wouldn't make any mistakes, so that nothing would go wrong, blah blah blah meandmylittlerant.....I'm still going through some troubles where, if I had ONLY known, I know that I would be better off...(among other things....) but I'm just going to leave myself at this; 'there's nothing I can do about it NOW, so there's no use worrying over it anymore. I can cry and sob and get angry all I want, but it won't change anything. So I'm just gonna forget about it.'

Why? If it's still troubling you, it's not exactly over yet. I can't tell you the definition of a "problem", but I'm certain if you're still dwelling over it, it's not gone. So you must still have time to do whatever's bothering you.

Knowing a tiny bit beforehand is great, but it'd only be a matter of time before you'd be confused, and you'd make yourself learn more of the problem. That's just human nature. There's not much anyone can do about that, unless you've done it before, and can control that urge to stay steady where you are. But that means getting involved in the process in the first place.

Besides, hope comes with belief. If not, you don't believe in it. You'd put hope in something you believe in, correct? If you believe you can really get over your situation, and keep yourself at a steady pace, there's nothing to worry about. Even if things go bad, it's only a matter of time where the opportunity just springs up, due to your long enduring of waiting, believing, and acting at the right times. Due to the reaction of receiving whatever information about the problem you needed when you really need it, rather than having it and having it become twisted, the situation may end up okay.

So, in other words.

With what I said, and what you said in your latest post, there's not a lot to worry about.
 
Not a whole lot to worry about, eh?

Well, all i can say right now is that I guess it would just come straight down to believing and not believing...but you're right.

Learning about the problem, as well as analyzing and finding out what you can do as you go along, is better than already knowing beforehand.

I suppose I'll just leave it at that.
 
All it comes down to now is if you can cope with it all.

I'm sorry if I made you confused. I seem to be doing that to a lot of people lately. @_@;

And the sad thing is, knowing all of this and more, I still can't get a grip on what's troubling me. XD

But oh well. It'll only be a matter of time before an opportunity comes up that lets me learn more of it. So I'm not too worried at all.

So now that that's done...anyone got anything else to talk about? ^^;
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top