The Person Above You!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

obliviongirl

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Messages
60
Age
41
Location
Oblivion
Occupation
Health Studies C
Heres a thread that you have to say something about the person above you.......like i'll start off with sayin something about me since theres nobady above me so......^likes to party.....oh yeah...and u have to put a ^.....if your talking about the person above u....and <....if ur talking about yourself....so lets get started!!!
 
Ohhhh...O.O....now i see it....well someone delete this thread!!!!
 
Actually!!!!! Im not an idiot!!!!! :mad: anyway's.........you people!!! :D
 
Is very loyal to his/her friends and defends them very strongly.

**Wow I started reading this thread but had to leave to put my fire proof suit on. There are more flames in here than a crematorium.

Just for the record Lokus, I'm female. Are you suggesting I shouldn't use a computer either? That was a very silly statement.

Doomsday I know your angry about how obliviongirl has been treated and after seeing more and more stuff aimed at her today I don't blame you and agree but exploding like that won't help the situation and may end up getting you into trouble. If you find anymore stuff like that report the post or send a PM to the admin letting him know about it :).

Sorry to sound like a mod or mother but this flaming, abuse and harrasment of one new member is really horrible and I just can't keep my mouth shut about it any longer :(.**
 
Oh, no, this is BAD.

There's a fine line between barbed comments and outright flames. Barbed comments do not directly insult a member, although they may indirectly.

Flames, on the other hand, directly insult a person... LoKuS, you've done it, as has johnny... and even obliviongirl herself flamed in the trivia topic. I've done my best to keep myself at the barbed comment level, and I'm prety sure that I've come close to the line, but never crossed it.

Accusing someone of trolling, by the way, isn't flaming. If they go on to describe in great detail how stupid the person is outside of their posts, then sure, it's flaming, but just saying that someone's been making useless posts isn't really insulting them on a huge level.
 
Last edited:
Yep, I'm sticking my nose in again :).

FFnut said:
Oh, no, this is BAD.

There's a fine line between barbed comments and outright flames. Barbed comments do not directly insult a member, although they may indirectly.

An insult is an insult. It doesn't matter whether its indirect or not.

FFnut said:
Flames, on the other hand, directly insult a person... LoKuS, you've done it, as has johnny... and even obliviongirl herself flamed in the trivia topic. I've done my best to keep myself at the barbed comment level, and I'm prety sure that I've come close to the line, but never crossed it.

No you haven't crossed it from what I've seen so far but you have come darn close and can become very agressive. For someone who wants to be a mod (from what I've seen in a couple of posts) thats not a good thing. You really should try to get that temper under control :D

FFnut said:
Accusing someone of trolling, by the way, isn't flaming. If they go on to describe in great detail how stupid the person is outside of their posts, then sure, it's flaming, but just saying that someone's been making useless posts isn't really insulting them on a huge level.

There is a big difference between flaming, trolling and spamming. Useless posts are spam not trolling and excess useless posts are post whoreing not trolling. For a definition of trolling look here. Again an insult is an insult no matter what level its on. New members should be made to feel welcome and if they make mistakes, gently prodded in the right direction. If they don't listen pass it up to the admin. Its his job to decide who stays and who leaves the forum. Its not up to members to harass, insult and abuse a new member into leaving.
 
Last edited:
This whole topic should be deleted.
 
I'd like to point out that Spiff's post was well over a month ago (dated 6/21) and that the dating on Glare's message should be... 8/7.

Glare, why must you post in long-dead topics?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top