The sphere grid

The dark aeons are optional.

Well not counting dark valefor if you want to enter besaid village again to get the sphere for aurons overdrive.

I dont think this game is hard, I only have trouble with the dark magus sisters
 
Sphere grid was HIGHLY confusing when you looked at it, but once you got to using it and figuring which of your characters was best for what, it was awesome! Plus it inspired me to keep battling and leveling up so I could open all of them, and my characters turned awesome!
 
the sphere grid was really easy to figure i rekon...really simple and straight 4ward...as for a nsg, no thanku...i thort the game was good enuf wifout trying to make it more challenging lol
 
I really enjoyed making my party uber powerfull. It was time consuming though. I think square did that deliberately to try and discourage people from powerlevelling on this game.
 
Hmm I like the Sphere Grid the best out of all the FF games, its so unique, then it would be the License Board (FF12) then probably the Materia setup (FF7). But I think the worst system in FF would be the Junctioning Sytem (FF8). It was annoying and frustrating and lots of other things as well
 
I always liked the sphere grid, I thought it was a good and imaginitive system, but I noticed many people feel differently and did not like it, what do you all think of it? good or bad?

I quite loved it, it provided more of a challenge and a puzzle than the old fashioned "hey, you leveled up, we've raised these stats for you! :D" Instead, you can kinda choose what character can be your powerhouse, my Rikku, Tidus and Auron can kill Nemesis no problem. :P
 
I quite loved it, it provided more of a challenge and a puzzle than the old fashioned "hey, you leveled up, we've raised these stats for you! :D" Instead, you can kinda choose what character can be your powerhouse, my Rikku, Tidus and Auron can kill Nemesis no problem. :P

But can they beat Penance?
 
The customization aspects were good but the Sphere Grid is horrible for those wanting max stats and a complete save file. Had the Grid given you max stats by completing it, I'd have nothing but positive things to say about it. Having to clear spheres and add back +4 spheres, literally weakening your characters then strengthening them again, having to gather AP again, etc, was just unnecessary and I'm not sure why the developers decided to design it that way other than to make the gameplay longer.

Also the customization becomes null after the main story since at that point you'll want to give every character every ability and max stats. At this point the Sphere Grid is just too cumbersome. I'm 95 hours into a game currently and every time I acquire 99 AP it takes about 10-15 minutes just to repeatedly hit the 'move' and 'use sphere' options on the menu and progress my character. It's just a huge waste of time and is made all the worse by the fact that you know you'll have to go all the way back through the sphere grid clearing spheres and replacing them with +4 spheres.

Then if all this isn't bad enough, they have those luck/fortune spheres which are even more time consuming and difficult to fill/max.

I enjoy completing games but FFX doesn't feel rewarding. Clearing something and redoing it is in no way rewarding. That's just time wasting so a developer can brag that their game has XXX game play hours when in reality they just make you do the same thing over again.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top