The sphere grid

I ran out of power spheres from doing the Don Tonberry trick...of course, that's to be expected.

Even though it was such a great idea, it was quite easy to manipulate. (*cough* Don Tonberry*cough*stat maxing*cough*)
 
I think the sphere grid is an awesome idea, it allows you to customise ur characters abilities and skills to ur liking, but there is a down-side to that ... like the first time i picked up and played ffx .. i ended up with Tidus focused on magic and lulu focused on attacks, not the best idea i know >_< . But once you get used to it, its actually quite simple. (once you get the 99 warp spheres, then its simple as pie lol).
 
I think it's way too time consuming and difficult for the people who don't want to invest a lifetime in building up your characters.. Customizability is good, at least to an extent, but I think I prefer a simpler system.
 
Last edited:
I liked the Sphere grid idea..i liked how all of your charecters could have all abilities :) so you don't have to have a specific person in your party to be able to heal or use black magic
 
i loved the sphere grid idea. after my characters got a little developed and i saw how their stats balanced out, i actually spent an evening on the sphere grid mapping out their courses. everyone's "personal" skill grid ended somewhere and then you had to intrude upon someone else's. i intermixed mine to match their stats. my party was unstopable :P
 
lol...I just went along with it until I beat it. It was a pretty unique idea. :D
 
It is a cool and easy way to learn abitilies. Plus you can chose which one to learn.
 
empresscrystal said:
It is a cool and easy way to learn abitilies. Plus you can chose which one to learn.

...and which you do not want to learn. You never...ever need full-life. So other than stat-maxing, I don't ever bother removing all the Lvl 4 sphere locks around it!

I will change my original argument though. (several pages ago I said that stat maxing gives your characters the same feel and, other than the animation, everyone hits for the same damage, has the same defense, speed, abilities, etc (except Yuna w/summon and overdrives of course.)

But now - after a fresh dose of X in my system, I really enjoy the beginning of the game through to the Omega Ruins because everyone is unique. Wakka's accuracy makes him ideal to give a deathstrike weapon to. Yuna can be either a medic, a white mage/sorcerer/theif/tank... Auron is just a brute. Their personalities match up well with their specific sphere grids and that's a-ok w/me.

X has offically passed up VII in my book as my favorite rpg of all time. And that was not an easy thing to admit to ;)
 
I think the spear grid is cool. I have just defeated the sanctuary keeper and I have yuna and lulu as thieves. My kimhari is currently down tidus's grid and I have yuna, rikku and auron stuck on their spear grid because I have no level 3 locks.
 
The Sphere Grid wasn't bad... but now that I learned the Bare job secret in FFV... It rulles!
FFVII's materia system was great, too...
 
The best ability system I think was FFIX's, I liked how each piece of equipment provided a different ability.
I didn't like the Sphere-grid at all because it took me a while to get the hang of it.
 
One good thing about the sphere grid (especially the advanced grid) is that you have to really work to build super strong characters. Whereas other fantasys all you had to do was just level up til you got to level 99.

I liked the possibilities that the expert grid offered
 
I thought it was very innovative but honestly I was not a fan of X or X-2 so I never got very far. But yes I did like it.
 
I loved the sphere grid. I thought it was an interesting way to develop your characters. However sometimes I found it difficult to find the right spheres I needed, and I would go on for ages with characters who couldn't advance because I couldn't get an enemy to drop the right kind of sphere. That was the main annoyance factor in the system. XP
 
reasoniamalive said:
Who did you bribe to get fortune spheres...I thought you could only get them by fighting the bosses in the monster arena? :confused:
good question AND good point

Now my turn...i still can't find any Level 4 key-spheres >.<
my Yuna has 99 Sphere levels and i can't move her cuz i need a lv4 key-sphere for what im after its kinda annoying...
 
Kat said:
good question AND good point

Now my turn...i still can't find any Level 4 key-spheres >.<
my Yuna has 99 Sphere levels and i can't move her cuz i need a lv4 key-sphere for what im after its kinda annoying...
You can bribe two for 196,000 gil from Chimera Brains.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top