The sphere grid

reasoniamalive said:
Anybody know why...although your stats are maxed - that some characters do less-than 99K damage? I don't mean, like 9K... but more often than not, most characters will hit an enemy for 99K, and Auron (I think it was Auron) would consistently hit for....like, 75K :confused: Is it just a bug?

What weapons are your characters using?
 
lol

For auron his celestial weapon is linked to his hp, so if he is about to breath his last he should start hitting for 99999.

All celestials have the ignore defense ability too.

I dont know the game mechanics but if your enemy has 255 for defense and you have 255 for attack shouldn't the damage be nil not 9999? (any weapon barring celestials)
 
In regards to Auron's celestial weapon, I know its linked to HP...but so is Tidus' and Kimhari's...and I believe Wakka's as well. I thought their attack drops as their HP drops...similar to the Atma Weapon stats in VI, no?

Oh, and I have no time to waste learning about game mechanics for the record :o
 
Out of interest what is the highest amount of hp your characters can have while still maintaining maximum stats for all attributes?

That was the only stat I never tried getting really high.
 
I thought the sphere grid was ok the first time i played ffx so the second time i decided to play using the advanced grid and i loved it what a difference it can make to the game. In previous FF's certain characters were assigned different catergories like attack/magic/summon with the advanced version you can have exactly what you want with everyone for example yuna i had all the blk magic aswell because her magic attack is much stronger than lulu. ;res
 
I'm looking forward to doing that as well. Although I liked the original sphere grid too - it provided a unique challenge to the game in the beginning when you only had one or two options open (because of the lack of Lvl x sphere locks available...

Its a FAR GREATER challenge finishing the game w/a NSG challenge...which I hope to accomplish soon.
 
Its a FAR GREATER challenge finishing the game w/a NSG challenge...which I hope to accomplish soon.

What do you mean by this?
 
zen la said:
What do you mean by this?

What he's talking about is going through the whole game more or less without activating any of the nodes on the sphere grid thus the saying NSG (no sphere grid)

I've never tried it before but I hear you have to heavily rely on rikku on her mix ability to get through this challenge.
 
It isn't, actually - search youtube - there are many people who have not only attempted this challenge - but finished it too. ;)

This guy decided to take it a biiiiiiiit farther though... a:
No Sphere Grid
No Summon(except forced ones)
No Customizing
No Overdrives(except forced ones)
No Escaping
No using No Encounters
and No Blitzball(other than the forced game)

He's at the Highbridge right now...I don't think he'll ever complete it though. ;) That's just ridiculous. The NSG challenge is quite passable - with Rikku at your side tossing Trio of 9999 mixes - everyone on your team will be thwacking away at 9,999 Dmg per hit - unless you use a magic a fiend absorbs...then you heal em for 9,999 each hit. = O!
 
Mastichistic? Ya RLY! XD

I'll be satisfied w/a NSG challenge - that's enough work in and of itself...what with stealing extra items to be used in battle and for mixes...I'm sure you wouldn't go through the Omega Dungeon...unless you truely had nothing better to do for the next 5 months and plenty of patience.
 
thats just nuts!!! i would never dedicate that much time of my life on a comp game i thought i spend too much but to do that nsg......NO THANKS
 
Just thinking about it and the possibility of the omega dungeon gives me the shivers man!

Saying that alot of the monsters in the omega dungeon can be found inside sin too, ouch!
 
exactly it would takes days and days of training i would just get bored!
 
Or just a few runs if you're lucky. Come to think of it, you don't get ANYTHING special for defeating Omega anyway, right? Kimhari can lancet Nova - but that's it. And a strength sphere behind him too...but you actually have to go BACK THROUGH the dungeon to go get it - so there's really no point. But I have to say that the Omega Dungeon is my favorite dungeon to date in any FF. :p
 
I liked it, nothing beats Pro Magic - draw/junction though.

FFX in general is too hard, maybe I'd feel different if i'd gotten all the danmed destruction orbs to begin with and didn't have to beat Dark Aeons though.
Actually no that's not true, nothing is too hard, the problem is it's impossible for me at this point. I just can not see any way out other than to restart the game.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top