The things i dont like in ff8

alfaitha

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
104
Age
40
The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

I loved Final Fantsy VIII to death; it is my favorite Final Fantsy game. But there is one thing about the story that continues to irritate me everytime I play it. I hate the little twist in the story that relates the characters according to fate because they all apparetly (except Rinoa) grew up together in their early years. That just takes away so much from the characters as far as their history, development, diversity, and individuality; as opposed to FF7 in which all of the characters have distinct and interesting backgrounds. That's why that scene in the busted up Trabia basketball court is the worst part of the whole game for me.
 
I thought it was a bit cheesy myself, but I can live with it :) My sister was watching the first time I got to that part, so if I ever play FFVIII when she's around, she asks if I'm playing that game where all the characters find out they were childhood friends lol.
 
Yes, that part of the game was awful its one of the things I dislike the most about FF8. For me the other realy bad bit in FF8's story was definatly when the Garden flew out of the way from the missiles, I know its supposed to be fantasy but thats still one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in a game.
 
Aye, the Garden thing was a bit stupid too. Flying shelters? Ah well, it goes well with the story anyway, how else were they supposed to evade the missiles? :)
 
how about stopping them lauching in the first place? or changeing their course in time? two much better ways than having flying blue buildings that you can steer around like cars.
 
hahaha, yeah, the flying garden thing bothered me a little too, but I also thought it was a little fun. Who'd think they'd escape by flying the entire garden structure.
 
Well yeah just seeign it pop out of the ground is kidna weird. But yeah it is a good way to evade teh missiles but kinda stupid. And that basketball court that got on my nerves it was too long! :mad:
 
Actually, yeah you're right HC. When I first went to the Galbadin missile base, I assumed they'd stop the missiles completely or at least change their course.. all they did was set an "error rate" or whatever to the maximum, and such a setting is absolutely retarded. Think about it. Who would make it possible to increase the chance of your missiles missing? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Another thing I always wondered about is what actually happened to the missiles. This huge cloud of smoke surrounds the garden, and the missiles fly right into the middle of it, and it takes a while for the garden to come out of that smoke. Even if the missiles had missed the garden, and hit the ground, they do cause an explosion on impact.. but the garden comes out undamaged.
 
Yeah, that pissed me off too. I mean error ratio, are you serious? Yeah, it was pretty stupid to have a flying garden. I guess until you get the Ragnarok, you would have to take the subway everywhere. :)
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

yea the only thing we really no about rhinoa is that julie is her mother the one laguna likes and generall callaway is her father doesnt give her past in the game
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

btw to make sum really nice exp go to the island closes to hell and for the most ap go to the island closes to heaven i just found out about it and its really good wat to lvl up and all
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

I wasnt a fan of any of the flashbacks in the game, it just made me frustraited and wanting to get on with the game.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

I liked the entire game. It's a fantasy game, so although the fact that all the characters were together when childs, and then they all find themselves again, is for me not more than a funny event. It doesn't make sense in a real way, of course!! But it's a fantasy game. But I understand what you mean.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

Am I the only one who just completely hated FFVIII? It was completely shallow. You could dig for things in FFVII, and FFIX was a classical telling of the heroic journey. FFVIII was just terrible. The FMV graphics and backgrounds were good though, I guess.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

Zerlina, THANK YOU. For years I've waited for someone to hate FFVIII as much as I do. There are SOME cool parts, mainly the FMV where you get chased my the mech spider, but other than that I found the game really cheesy and the characters had really no depth to them, where as in other FF games the characters all had substance and something to add.

BTW: Quistis is a MILF.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

Since I played FFVIII, I have a different point of view about witches(or sorceress). I used to have in mind the old fashioned prototype of witches, and it disappeared when I played FFVIII. It was a really good version of a fairy tale in a more fashioned way. And a really good love story too, much more deep than in FFVIX, in my point of view. I liked it much more than the one in FFIX. I read in a FFVIII wallpaper a sentence(it was in spanish) and it was something like this: "A love story in a war time" This game used so many good elements that others didn't do, such as the '' Tale inspiration'', the new concept of witches, and all this mixed with the need to survive for these young Seeds. To survive to the new world that spies on outside the Garden.
A really good game for me
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

i never really hated it. (it was kindof too easy...^^;; after you draw the magics...)
like luis, i like how they incorparated witches(sorceresses, same difference) into a more modern game. i know it has its cons, but everything does! thats why i focus on the positive aspects of the game, instead of the negative ones, because the good far outwheighs the bad.

the characters were shallow? i never noticed it. i guess i just dont analyze the same as other people...meh.

still, i really dont have any complaints about this game, except i dont think it has alot of replay value...well i still need to catch that monkey dude...

now if i could convince my rabid ff7 fanboy friends the same...
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top