The things i dont like in ff8

Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

Yeah!! I meant FFIX!! :p :p Couldn't you wonder it?? hehehe Thanks for the rinse Shadowheart :D :D

Sorry anyway, that's what happens when you are typing fast(at least in my case)
And the good thing is we do not think the same, and don't like the same things either. If we did, it would be such a boring world! So, that was just my opinion. I used to think of ugly and old witches, wearing black coats and flying with their brooms :D

But the idea of such cool witches as Edea(looking so self-confident, with her fashion look, and her charm) or Adel(with a strong torse, and her evil look...moreover, did you ever though of a dictator witch???) shocked me.
One of the most amazing moments in the game I can remember is the procession (was it in Galbadia?) where Edea appears in the float...such an amazing moment: Edea's Theme starts playing(the one with choirs) and Squall and his team have really little time to try to kill her.....wow hehe
 
Last edited:
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

I didn't necessarily hate FFVIII, but it isn't my favorite Final Fantasy. Here is my list of things I didn't like so much...

1: The battle system, imo, was a little too easy. (getting rid of the MP system was a baaaaaad idea... watching Shiva's animation over and over and over and over....)
2: I think that they focused way too much on plot and didn't give the characters a detailed personality. Much like in FFVII, some of the characters were only useful for the part that they had to be in your party, and once you picked your favorites, you usually stuck with them for most of the game.
3: The magic selection wasn't really all that wide. sure, it introduced the -ra's and -aga's, but that was about it, and the only real use for magic was raising your HP and Atk.
4: the bosses, imho, were really easy. The only boss I ever really had problems with was Adel, and that was because I didn't have Rinoa, who was one of the characters I brought through the entire game.

I think that that's it.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

Max the Man said:
2: I think that they focused way too much on plot and didn't give the characters a detailed personality. Much like in FFVII, some of the characters were only useful for the part that they had to be in your party, and once you picked your favorites, you usually stuck with them for most of the game.
Well... in every single RPG I play, I always pick pick 3 (or 4, depending on how large parties you have) characters and stick with them the whole game. But I also try to change who I play with between playthroughs, I like to try all or at least most characters out (given that I play through the game enough times to do that). Regardless of what I actually think of the characters' personality. But maybe that's just me :) I guess FFX is the one and only exception, I used all characters in that game thanks to the mid-battle character switching ability :)
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

I dont agree with you all ff8 is the best game of version ff. It si story of a man who will go through hell and heven for love,it is a story of mother who is sacrifice her self for good of they children, it is story fighting for freedom ,garden is good ,misle error is a sabotage true army action is good game and i liked.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

The story among Laguna,Raine and Julia is very good.Although it is too short compeared with that of Squall and Ronia,it is the most moveing story in FF8.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

On the back of the case of the game it says "based on the theme of love." I didn't see Squall in love with Rinoa until VERY late in the game.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

I didn't like the flying garden part at all. it was the biggest flaw in the game. :mad:
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

Obviously....there's nothing to hate about Rinoa without the smallest doubt....being so beautifull,innocent & kind I was NEVER able to find any kind of flaw about her...
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

I think all the characters are all intertwined in some way . Ok for the plot, they all grew up together apart from rinoa, but even rinoa is the product of a woman that laguna once loved and laguna is squalls father.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

<Man, I'm sure Squall didn't like seeing this thread revived...>

...Meh? OH! I was just saying that I thought the game was very unique. I liked the storyline, but the junctioning was all too...tedious. Otherwise, very good game!
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

dappa said:
I think all the characters are all intertwined in some way . Ok for the plot, they all grew up together apart from rinoa, but even rinoa is the product of a woman that laguna once loved and laguna is squalls father.

Okay.. forgive me for being a tad slow here... but has it been proven that Laguna is Squall's father?? And as for me.. I love FF8.. It was ther first one i ever played so it introduced me to the series (god thats going back abit.....). Every final fantasy game tries to be unique and i think this game has achieved that. And as for the back story of all the characters.. Maybe it was all a set-up.. They all grew up together with Edea.. Maybe the plan never was to assassinate her.. It was to bring her back to her former-self. Becuase, thinking about it, it may not have been coincidence that brough Irvine to your party.. He was part of this huge plot. Well.. thats my thoughts anyway :D
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

It's not been proved that Laguna is Squalls father, but if u read between the lines it's pretty obvious. And their all lookalike.
I thought it was smart to make the garden a hoovering "thing". I was ready to just jump on a boat and start controling it and its a little fun solution. Though I hoped that it would be more chocoobos in the FF8. <3 Chocoobo sidegame u can get kickass stuff from there.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

The part I hated was when you had to escape from the jail. Going up and down and up and down the floors with monsters after you...I hated it..
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

things i liked bout FF8:
1. the music was good
2. ......laguna's bit, i liked them more.
3. ok im out


things i didnt like:
1. Junctioning. The characters didnt have ANY special abilities, except for limit breaks, but they sucked :(
2. Magic sucked. i almost NEVER used it, i almost never equipped it, the only time i can remeber is healing spells.
3. Boost. Gf's were cool, and unique, but they sucked unless you boosted, which was annoying having to stop completely and concentrate to try and get a good boost.
4. Story muck-ups. mostly the missle launching sequence. The flying garden wasnt really that bad, but error ratio? wth? WHO THE HELL WOULD MAKE A MACHINE WHICH LET YOU MAKE THE ERROR RATIO HIGHER?????????????????
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

things i liked bout FF8:
1. the music was good
2. ......laguna's bit, i liked them more.
3. ok im out


things i didnt like:
1. Junctioning. The characters didnt have ANY special abilities, except for limit breaks, but they sucked :(
2. Magic sucked. i almost NEVER used it, i almost never equipped it, the only time i can remeber is healing spells.
3. Boost. Gf's were cool, and unique, but they sucked unless you boosted, which was annoying having to stop completely and concentrate to try and get a good boost.
4. Story muck-ups. mostly the missle launching sequence. The flying garden wasnt really that bad, but error ratio? wth? WHO THE HELL WOULD MAKE A MACHINE WHICH LET YOU MAKE THE ERROR RATIO HIGHER?????????????????
also maybe 2 or 3 should have gone to the orphanage, not almost everyone.

ill tihnk of more later
:)
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

Limit breaks are special attacks, but there are many other abilities assuming you mean attacking abilities that can be learnned by Guardian Forces, for example Commands (Kamikaze, Darkside, Mad Rush, etc...), Character abilities (Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Cover, Expend Magic etc...), Party abilities (Intiative, Alert, Enc-None etc..)...

Depending on the junctionned GF are divided these abilities so basically every one acquires his/her own skill...

Some people don't depend on magic, but I know some others who use it in almost all their battles...that's just because they see it more useful, here are some small examples if you don't see how:

- Zombie followed by Life, Full-Life, Curaga, Regen etc...
- Cast Meltdown on the enemy followed by Zombie then Mad Rush on party members for maximum physical damage (Meltdown causes Vit 0, Zombie raises Str, Berserk raises Str, and that's aside from Haste and Protect that you get by Mad Rush)
- Triple with high level magics such as Ultima, Meteor, Demi, Aura etc...
- There are just too many examples that you get with experience...

What I'm trying to say is that if you weren't intrested in using Magic then that doesn't make it unuseful...

You can only Boost your GF's attack for a limited time, not throught the whole summoning, meaning that after you're unable to boost your GF anymore you still have time left while it damages the enemies...

As far as I know, an error ratio for a missile can increase by increasing the missile's speed making it less stable during its course, it can be easily increased espcially with a far target...that goes for all machine, you can increase one of their capabilities costing it an ideal overall performance...

The orphanage became the first Garden...where did you expect the kids to go seriously...
 
Last edited:
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

overall magic did suck. But squalls examples in his post are some useful examples of how I used magic as part of my strategy to defeat enemies. I liked meteor spell especially when your stat was at 255 for magic.
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

I loved using magic; I utilized it well, and just about every other part of the game's system. When you use it to the fullest, the gameplay doesn't seem all that bad.

And the fact that most of the main characters, excluding Rinoa, were all together at the orphanage as children, I thought was only slightly dissapointing. I was expecting something along those lines to come along during the story, so I don't think that was too bad. I think it sort of tied in some things together, like how Irvine was attracted to Selphie because he remembered her, while she on the other hand couldn't because of her use of GF's.

At least, that's what I think...
 
Re: The One Thing i didn't like about FF8

I dont like thet you cant buy magic like in ff7,but ff8 have one of the best story lines .Becaus of thet i like ff8 thet much.\(°_°)/
 
The worst thing in ff8 is that you must collect spells , you can not learn them. I don t like that they must fight aganst the women that raise them , and that you must collect to many items to get doomtrain.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top