I agree with both sides of this here. I do see both sides of this argument, and there is always the good or the bad. As being a Admin and mod on may forums myself, I see why they were moved. However as also a member I see why kelley may be upset.
From the Admin/Mod side: Yes those threads were somewhat spam, and yes they were overlooked for a while. Still there are rules to be followed, that even they must follow. However I can agree that some mods and admins, just like everyone else, get off topic in a general thread, and spam. But hey who dosen't. Life moves on and we all get along right?
From the Members side: Yes there is still much room in those topics for a normal disscussion. However the general section is NOT the disscussion area. It is a GENERAL area were many diffrent threads can be posted. Spam is, really just random things that are what they are.
"Oh look a butterfly!" "I like cats"
I see many of these just random post, and yes I am one who dose it too, and that is why they are spam. A topic with pictures is not nessacaraly spam. There is still disscusion involved as to if you, for say, like the pose in the picture, or I like his hair. Not only is there those type of post, which yes are a form of spam, there is too also, "I personaly like Gackt...." and then go on to explain why you like him, and so on and so forth. So technicly it is not wholy spam, and there for really dose not fit there either.
I guess what I am trying to say is, those topics are hard to cadogorize. As were depending on the topic, it can lean more to spam, or more to a general topic were you can just talk about the normal things. Again like the pictures, you can talk about what you like about the picture, or what you don't. And then it is more of an opion/disscussion, then it is spam. See what I am saying?