Tidus... the most annoying Hero?

i think tidus was a good hero for the story line could you imagine yuna shagn kilmari or wakka ?the point is the creators made a follow up and made a drastic mistake placing the most melodramatic polygon i have ever encountered the fact is we all learn from our mistakes dont we?
 
Unfortunately, I think they picked the worst possible voice actor for Tidus, and that is probably why everyone thinks he's annoying. All the other characters have excellent voices, which fit their character. Except Tidus. Tidus is supposed to be like a 20-year old, not a little kid :p You'll notice he looks alot older/mature in the FMVs.

I wonder who did his voice in the Japanese version? :rolleyes:
 
Dr.Jackal(Get_Backers) said:
I don't find him annoying at all..that could be because Final Fantasy X was the first ever Final Fantasy game I ever played and from then on I picked up 7,8 and so on. So to me...Tidus is my hero! lol
me too,besides he makes out with yuna :rolleyes: :) :D
 
i think dona and bartello(or whatever his d@m& name is) are if you count them as heros.
 
The only reason people hate him is because of his horrible (and I do mean horrible, they didn't even try did they?) voice actor, which made him sound like a stupid little kid. His Japanese voice on the other hand, sounds more mature, but that's kinda a given.

Although...

"Are you going to scream?" "Maybe."

"I hate you." (Especially when he says it all fast, like...jeez.)

"Hey! No fair!"

Such funny dialogue. ^^


Wait, do the European versions have the same script we do, or different voice actors? I've never been sure on that.
 
I think so... but i've seen game sequences of FFX, both in English and in Japanese, but the voices don't really bother me, the voices don't change Tidus' ignorance. :p
 
tidus: his voice fet the part when he cared about the moment alot.... if they didn' make him act like little kid the game would have done alot better than it did... for fans anyway.... he was like a pussy hero..... like a normal person that would have been fighting "Sin" but he wasn't normal becuse he had powers..... i think they made him more of a lover than a fighter... that is y he made me mad
 
Yeah, He can be anoying at times but I like his charracter.

I also think its cool how he is telling the story while you play it.
 
tidus can be annoying but i like him. he is way hoter than maestor seymour. hes more annoying than squall. sguall would never speak his mind although we knew wat he was thinkin. tidus is a good hero.
 
Heh......I liked Tidus. He was a little annoying, and cocky. Overall, he was a great hero though. O.o
 
I've never played FFX, but I think Squall is the most annoying.

Out of everyone.

Ever.


I'm not sure how the ending is like to this game, but from what I've read here it seems that Tidus is more of a hero than any of the other FF main characters.
He's not some lone mercenery or struggling (and tormented) soldier. He's an ordinary person who really shouldn't be saving the world. It's so much harder for someone to be brave, courageous, and to face evil, when they are ordinary.
I mean...think of chocolate. Who should be congratulated for giving it up? Someone who doesn't like it in the first place (and is naturally capable) or someone who loves it, but stops eating it anyways.
It's so much more admirable when someone who isn't typically strong presses through their inabilities and still accomplishes a goal, than when someone who is already capable does so.

I hope that made sense.
 
I can't stand Tidus, I don't see why in the world he was chosen to be the hero.
 
Meh, it's just he revolves around the main story the most. If it wasn't for that, he probably wouldn't be the main character/hero.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top