Tidus... the most annoying Hero?

DarkCloud

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2005
Messages
52
Age
38
Location
Australia
Website
www.geocities.com
Occupation
Retail
Of all the Final Fantasy games, i find Tidus' character to be one of the most unique (considering of course his 'origin' in the game) ive heard some of my friends say that they found his character to be quite annoying, for these main facts: he doesn't shut up, he never knows whats going on, and noone knows his name ( in the game).
keep in mind that these are not MY thoughts, just some school friends, i personally find his character to be quite compelling and passionate. especially since he's the first main hero on FF to be put with a voice :D

what are your thoughts?
 
Yeah, Tidus is annoying and a crybaby, but I'd rather have a main character like that than one who has an identity crisis every five seconds or is an angsty freak. You know who I mean.
 
Yes, Tidus is a little annoying at times, easily the most out of all main FF characters IMO.. but he's not that bad when he's either quiet or being serious :)

And about noone knowing his name in the game.. I think that's because you get to choose his name, don't you? I can't remember for sure if you do, because it was a long time ago I played it last time, but it would make sense - you can't make characters speak out a generic name in an acceptable way (at least not yet, maybe on the next generation consoles though?)
 
Originally Quoted by Shadowheart
And about noone knowing his name in the game.. I think that's because you get to choose his name, don't you?

Thats true, and thats why my friends said that 'no one knows his name' when in fact, it is because you can name him. i set them straight the feeble minds they are lol.
Yes, i DO hope that in next generation games, certain generic names can be quoted, it would be a radical change!
 
Yeah.. and I'm sure some ppl would have tons of fun listening to the characters in the game saying tons of vulgarities heh.
 
Tidus was indeed one of the most annoying characters ever to grace a Final Fantasy game. I rank him up there with Selphie from VIII.
 
he was anoying but i didn't really mind... i liked him anyway
 
CLOUD was the best i havent liked any1 other hero better, but zidane comes close love ff7, n then ff9 hehe
 
I liked Tidus, cause he was the first main Char for a long time who doesn't sulk, like at all. (and don't say Zidane didn't sulk, cause he did in Terra) I didn't like Squall, cause he was too caught up with himself. And Cloud just confused me, so that was annoying
 
Max the Man said:
and don't say Zidane didn't sulk, cause he did in Terra
Sounds like you didn't like that scene. That was a one time thing, and he sure had good reason for it. His world was literally turned upside down. Heroes can't be sad and show emotions in games? I'd say that doesn't quite count.
 
Sounds like you didn't like that scene. That was a one time thing, and he sure had good reason for it. His world was literally turned upside down. Heroes can't be sad and show emotions in games? I'd say that doesn't quite count. i agree with u shadow but i also agree with max about squall and cloud well i just started playing 7 and im at the church whenre he rescues aries* (hope i spelled ti right) and i still dont understand him...:|
 
bah, Tidus isn't nearly as annoying as Rikku... god a hate that ... (we'll there might be lil kids reading this so im not gunna say what she is, but U KNOW WHAT SHE IS!!!)

whhhaaaaaaaa the lighting will kill me!! AAHHH THE LIGHTING!!! I TAKE E EVERY DAY WHEN I WAKE UP!!!! OMG THE LIGHTING!!! wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! IM LIKE SELPHIE BUT WORSE!!!

god.... as soon as my characters got mug and steal I never used her again....
 
I don't like zidane, but I agree with slimebucket in saying Rikku's worse, she really has got to be the worst ever FF character not just in X but in all of them.
 
While Tidus was a fool (my opinion) and immature, he was the most realistic.
 
The only reason people think that tidus is anoying is because this is the first final fantasy game that has the people saying words before they couldnt hear the characters be whiny and anoying now they can and as for the whole not saying his name thing thats because you can change the main characters name
 
And as for the most anoying ff character it has to be a tie between Cloud-for not knowing what is going on in his life and for giving the black materia to sephiroth and for almost killing aries Rikku-for just plain old being a scaredie cat and just that voice and last but not least Selphie-U know Why
 
Good point, the only way he was different from other FF Characters was the fact that he could be heard. Maybe he'll be judged more fairly when FF XII comes out.
 
Ok, I feel compelled to challenge a few ideas in this thread.

1) Tidus is annoying. Ok, I believe that, just like other heros, he has his moments. But if you look at what's going on in his life a> he has no idea where the hell he is or what this whole new world is even about, b> he's head over heels for Yuna - that's enough to get any man a little screwed up imo, and c> he's got an internal crisis going on with his father leaving him and living up to...no, surpassing his image as the #1 blitzer. I think that in spite of everything negative you seem to throw at him he holds up pretty well and get's #2 on my list for most awesome hero.
2) Rikku is SO annoying. Man, she's like 16! I suppose no one else can relate to being scared of cliffs, tarantulas, lightning, or any other phobias huh? Besides, she's kinda cute for a polygon-clad character :)
3) Cloud was annoying because he had schitzophrenia (or whatever you want to call it.) - His identity crisis WAS, and remains to be, very confusing even after playing several hundreds of hours through the game. But I think that's another aspect to FFVII that makes it so great (and unforgettable!) I think you would be a little screwed up too if you a>had been injected w/Jenova cells and were weak, b> tried your hardest to get into soldier and be like sephiroth but ended up being a failure and hiding your face, or c> had Jenova whispering in you ear that your a frickin puppet w/no strings.

Try to lighten up and enjoy the storyline a little more would ya?
 
heh tidus does suck but i do have to agree with slimebucket with rikku being the most annoying she's a dirty little bitch (to finish your sentence)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top