Ultimate weapons and magiks

dirge_of_sephiroth

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
62
Age
46
Location
you don't want to know
Occupation
Writer/Journalist/Photographer
RPG Name
Helna R'shuken
I just finished playing XII last night for the first time. I'll definitely be going through again, there's so much I've missed, like some of the hidden Espers and such. But one thing was there were certain weapons I never found. Now I read something about the Zodiac spear, so I know why I couldn't get that, but the things like the Ultima Blade and the Ragnarok and some of the other top of the line weapons I never found. Where were they? What did you have to do? And also the magik, renew I think it was. I never found out where that was at either.
 
I have not found renew or hastega. I also have not defeated the ultimate mark.

You get the Ragnarok from Montblanc after finishing the 44th Mark (his elite mark.)

The ultima sword (which isn't that fantastic of a weapon to begin with... +110 atk, 2 handed greatsword.) can be obtained by getting a few rare items. 2 deathpowders, 1 Gnoma hycalon, and 2 adamantiums. None of them are really difficult to obtain. But you should refer to gamefaqs or another walkthrough to know where to get them from.
 
Last edited:
Yes, Gamefaqs is a good site.

Something I've always wondered was how to find the Scathe spell. @_@

And to get the Zodiac spear, you must refrain from opening certain treasure coffers throughout the game, and I think after doing that you find the coffer/chest or whatever containing the Zodiac Spear in the Salikawood...but I'm not absolutely positive.
 
This game took me 110 hours to complete with no sidequests other than a few hunts, I won't be touching this game again, not for another 3 years. It's easy to find the info you're looking for just type it in google or soe of searcher engine and tada, there they are.
 
i cant wait to get it.....ill do evrything i can in the game no matter how many hours of my life i waste away lol. sad i no.....but hell we waste a 3rd of our lives sleeping :D
 
Doctor Faust said:
Something I've always wondered was how to find the Scathe spell. @_@

And to get the Zodiac spear, you must refrain from opening certain treasure coffers throughout the game, and I think after doing that you find the coffer/chest or whatever containing the Zodiac Spear in the Salikawood...but I'm not absolutely positive.



Scathe is in the Nechrol of Nabudis. So is the Zodiac Spear. But you have to go through the Salikawood to get there. Scathe...along w/other spells and techniks can be found in a hidden room on the 1st floor and the Zodiac Spear is on the 3rd floor among 16 chests...provided you didn't open certain treasure chests in the beginning of the game.

Now...anyone know where Hastega is???

Edit: Nevermind. I found it in the Estersand.
 
Last edited:
;hea ;a06


I've decided I'm going to do a 'perfect' game... at least one of everything. Soon I'm also going to do a few challenges... such as the NLB challenge...POSSIBLY the 122333 challenge Zero posted in another thread...can't decide if I want to go through all those resets...
-_-

Edit: Oh yeah!!! I really want to do the enforced class challenge on XII also.
 
w0000000000000000000000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!

I finally got my Tournesol!!! :o

It only took me 7 hours of playtime. = o

= P Now my squad goes:

Controlled character: Ashe or Basch - Zodiac Spear, Genji gear. Other two characters: either Penelo and Fran or Vaan and Baltheir - one with Tournesol, one with Excalibur (unless the foe absorbs holy - at which time I would equip a Formalhut gun.) other equipment is usually Maximillian armor and Circlet or Magepower Shishank and Cat-ear Hood and Bowline Sash (to avoid getting hit by confuse.)

Has anyone gotten Scathe, Flare, Ardor, Hastega??? If so, do you remember specifically who sells em and at what point they are available? I'm right at the Pharos. = o
 
w00t! I finally beat Zodiark!!!!! Now between getting the Tournesol and defeating Zodiark I can die happy. :p

Hastega is in the Estersand - in the village and is available AFTER the Pharos. = P Would have been helpful earlier. I wonder why Square waited till the very end of the game to throw it out there??? Oh well XD
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top