um...cleaning discs...

Rubbing alcohol is a disolvent so I'd assume that would work.
 
Tiny Bronco said:
Well this is a bit late for Zero, but for anyone else who wants to know...
I found a neat thing in a Popular Science magazine. Tooth Paste is the key!!!!! :D

Tooth Paste is really a bunch of chemicals that "vibirate" around and then Chemicals to kill germs. Anywho. The chemicals that vibirate are noramlly there to get off plaque. But these same chemicals also work to loosen/buff out all the greece, dirt, other junk, ect. out of the litlle tiny grooves in a CD. I tried this on my first copy of FF7 and it actually does work cause now I can start a game without it freezing right away! So tooth paste along with water + using soft cloth to drag out from the middle can fix a CD perfectly except for the scratches. :)
lol, I use that all the time... Worked on everything I've ever scratched up, except for my Marvel vs Capcom 2. @_@ But oh well. It's a great method to clean discs.
 
Yep. Toothpaste really works. I found out about it in Maximum PC mag, and its been great ever since. I cover it in toothpaste (Use stuff like colgate and crest. The kiddie stuff dosnt work as well) and then put it under steaming water. It should melt the toothpaste right off. Then dab with somthing soft. If anyone in your family has glasses, ask them for the soft glasses cleaning rag that they SHOULD have gotten.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top