um....where were the crystals?

Zeromus_X

Summoner
Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
2,931
Age
98
Location
Core of the Moon (Phoenix, AZ)
RPG Name
Neo Zeromus_X
um...this may sound dumb, but...where were the crystals in ff9? everyone says there in there, but i dont remember them. were they those mirror thingies that you had to use to open the portal to Terra? or were they something else i missed? were they the eidolon stones?(i never got past memoria, so....)
 
...

The crystal is at the end of the game. Garland tells you about it before he disappears, "...A presence that presides over all life and memories. The crystal..." and he tells Zidane to protect the crystal. Kuja wanted to destroy it because he thought that would end everything. I had to refresh my memory on exactly what the crystal was for, but I remembered it was at the end and you have to protect it. I really need to play this game one more time ;)
 
Yeah, this same thing confused me when I beat the game. I read the back of the CD case, and was like "Uhhh, the crystal returns? Where?!" Haha
 
The crystal was the mother of souls on Gaia and Terra. All life originated from it and all life returned to it. Since this was the case, destroying the crystal would destroy every living thing, because everything was linked back to it. That's why when they went to Memoria they could see everyone else's memories- they were all connected through the crystal.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top