Vampire, Real or Not?

Are Vampires Real?

  • Yes

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Don't really know

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    17

Seyluv

*Isu's Empress/Wife*
Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
5,441
Location
???
RPG Name
Beloved-Shadowqueen
I know is is a really wild dumb question to ask or even debate on, but do you think vampires are real?
 
Since Vampires were made as fictional creatures, no. :p
 
Well, whats your definition of a "Vampire"?
And whats the difference between a Vampire, and a really dedicated Vampire goth?
 
Kat said:
No,vampires are simply a fictional character.....IMO

And I reenforce IMO :D

I don't think that they really exist, otherwise there would be people screaming about them like when they see UFOs flying aroung in the sky :O
 
If vampires were real, I would've been one a while ago. :D

Are there even any "facts" that prove logically that vampires ever exsisted?
 
Vampires aren't real in the sense of how you see them portrayed on T.V.

On top of that you have people who live the vampire lifestyle and they call themselves vampires so it all comes down to one question "what is your definition of a vampire?"

I vaguely recall somebody mentioned in history called 'vlad the impaler' but I cant remember much more on the subject.
 
ultimecia said:
thats an intersesting question its just like asking are ghosts real? or are aliens real? we just dont have enough evidence

Ghosts and aliens aren't really in the same line of fictional creatures, such as vampires and werewolves;

since any sorts of apparitions or wraiths are based on what people sense around them, since these "spirits" are not from this world, and can't interact directly with this world (which aren't the ways of so-called vampires);

and aliens isn't in the same line of vampires either, since alien life form does exist. But intelligent alien life form: that's but to guess, really.

dappa said:
I vaguely recall somebody mentioned in history called 'vlad the impaler' but I cant remember much more on the subject.

Ah, you gotta love romanticising historical figures. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_III_Dracula

In the same way, you could call Genghis Khan a vampire.
 
Vampires goths are just pretend, but I read somewhere that vampires are myths. That there is some evidence that vampires are real and some that they aren't not real. There is a timeline that shows how vampire change over the years. When I fixed my laptop I will post it for you guys.
 
Let me check out this link...
 
Vampires are a product of imagination, movie makers and medevil superstitions.

The vampire we think of today had its roots in Bram Stokers fictional novel and was brought to visual life by movie makers. The medevil myth of the vampire grew from ignorance and misunderstanding of those suffering a rare disease that is passed through families, and was more common back then because of interbreeding.

Porphyria

Anyone calling themselves a vampire today is either delusional, or just acting. There is no such thing as a vampire, not as portrayed on movies and in books anyway.
 
Actually, huh...I shouldn't be doing this, there are people with vampirism, it is a disease which affects VEEEEEERY few people. But, it's not how it is on TV or anything, but much less. I have a friend with a minor case of VP. He supresses it easily, but I've heard of others who weren't so lucky, and were killed at a young age, it's sad, his twin had it , but died at birth, it's wierd thinking of him as a vampire, but remember, the vampire that you see in fairy tales are made-up, so no, real vampires don't exist, not really anyway. I've sworn to keep it a secret, so I won't tell you his name.
 
I need to find either a real vampire or one real close to one. Maybe just one so much into the vampire thing that they act like one. This girl won't get off my back about this vampire thing. I was just role playing with her.
 
They are real, its just that Hollywood shows the dark-side of them. They can be real good friends. Their identities should never be exposed, for no reason whatsoever.
 
Hey I not trying to do that. I just need one to do a favor for my friend.
 
Cloud101 said:
Actually, huh...I shouldn't be doing this, there are people with vampirism, it is a disease which affects VEEEEEERY few people. But, it's not how it is on TV or anything, but much less. I have a friend with a minor case of VP. He supresses it easily, but I've heard of others who weren't so lucky, and were killed at a young age, it's sad, his twin had it , but died at birth, it's wierd thinking of him as a vampire, but remember, the vampire that you see in fairy tales are made-up, so no, real vampires don't exist, not really anyway. I've sworn to keep it a secret, so I won't tell you his name.

Vampirism is a culture.

One of my best friends is a vampirist, and she 'believes' in the culture, and honours the magnificent stories and literature. But that doesn't directly make her REALLY believe in actual vampires existing today the day.
She loves the style, and vampirism as a cult, not as a fully truthfull religion or something.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top