warmech

Zeromus_X

Summoner
Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
2,931
Age
98
Location
Core of the Moon (Phoenix, AZ)
RPG Name
Neo Zeromus_X
Warmech. hes and original "weapon" of sorts. even if he doesnt randomly use cure4 on himself, hes still tougher than chaos, easily. i tried(foolishly) to defeat this inhuman fiend, and got nuked more than enough times than neccessary ;)
has anyone ever beaten this heartless weapon of mass destruction? if so, how?

notes: in Dos and origins , hes called "Death Machine" which sounds cool too, but doesnt have the awesomeness of "Warmech" ah....Warmech....

i had the misfortune of running into it on the way to tiamat...had to climb the tower and all ..all over again...*sniff*
 
Heh, I've never randomly run into it on the way to Tiamat, but I did try to fight it once (just ran back and forth until it appeared). Well, I lost :p Never tried again since then, but maybe I should if I play the game again ;)
 
Warmech or "Death Machine" is really easy. beat him in about 2 turns.
 
Zeromus_X said:
notes: in Dos and origins , hes called "Death Machine" which sounds cool too, but doesnt have the awesomeness of "Warmech" ah....Warmech....
He was called Death Machine in the Original Japanese version I almost beat him, but my master got nuked and stuff... *whaaa* *NOTE* my master could easily do more than 1500 damage on any boss except Chaos ^^
 
Last edited:
LoKuS said:
Warmech or "Death Machine" is really easy. beat him in about 2 turns.
well, did you max out everyone on DoS? the difficulty level is absurdly toned down in that game. (see the ff4 for gba thread for a list of differences.)

in the original nes version (maybe origins too?) he is an emotionless hulking behemoth bent on mass genocide. (in other words, hes really really very very difficult.) reminds me of darksteel collosus ....

nuke, attack, nuke, you get the idea. he puts the smackdown on these new age "weapons"...young naive whippersnappers :D

whew...ranting...but yes, hes very hard.

and note: once again, in my last playthrough of ff1 for the nes, i ran into it on tiamat... i did happen to run away though. my friends were laughing hysterically... :p
 
I was playin DOS and i was fairly strong. But i agree that DoS is pretty easy.
 
Eh, well try fighting it on the original or Origins in Normal mode before you talk! Apparently DoS is a lot easier :)
 
I beat the game in Origins, however i dont remember if i fought warmech or not.
 
Well, completing the game in Origins can be easy if you have it on Easy mode ;) You're not limited to at most 9 useages per spell level and you level up much faster, unlike Normal mode :) On Normal mode you probably won't get much higher in level than level 30, maybe 40 if you go nuts with the leveling.. on Easy mode you would be level 41 with the same amount of exp that gives level 30 on Normal, and level 54 with the same amount of exp that gives level 40 on Normal :)

But in any case.. if you beat Warmech on Origins, then I may be impressed :) At least if you did it on Normal mode..
 
you can go above level 50 on origins :eek: or is that just on easy? now my old school ff nitpicking is kicking in...i may only be able to consider the nes one the only choice to play ff1....unfortunately, that may be very difficult to obtain for some people ^^;;; )
 
Yeah, on Easy mode they raised the level cap to 99, so technically you can go all the way there but that would take a while :p
 
Well the only way I beat him in ff1(nes) was with my maxed out master. I wanted to do the "one character challenge" thing and chose bb, but it got boring so I leveled my other characters one by one.
When I fought warmech I know my master was maxed, and I think the rest of my party was in the 30s (not sure on this one).
 
I've got a deathwish...what makes this guy so difficult? Is it just the amount of damage he dishes out/turn, or is he somewhere that takes a lot of healing to get to before fighting him -using up your MP? ...I'm on origins now.
 
The thing is with him he dont show up very often. I only ever came across it once on the way to tiamat.

He occasionally shows up in that section where you walk up to tiamat or sometimes in that section where if you dont walk in the right direction you can get lost as the area keeps repeating itself.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top