What dresspheres do you use?

Quezacotl

Freelancer
Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
26
And which ones don''t you use? I tried all of them out at some point and mastered each one for at least one person, but there are some I just wouldn't use again.

My favourites were Dark Knight and Lady Luck. Dark Knights just have so much HP and Defence and the Darkness attack was really useful even if it hurts you. I liked just using all the slot attacks with the Lady Luck, it added a lot of variety, and the dice attacks comboed like nothing else. And of course, Gunners are great for Trigger Happy. Mascot is obviously great too but a little overpowered (though I can understand that after everything you have to go though to get it!).

I thought the Beastmaster was a weird one. I didn't really like Gun Mage either, I didn't bother to learn the majority of the enemy skills. I found White Mages quite annoying too in the fact that they couldn't attack and it was hard to get AP for them as Pray only gives AP when someone actually needs healing.
 
My faveorites are: mascot, each characters special dress spheres, dark knight, beserker and lady luck, I'm not much of a fan of the rest (but samurai was quite good and trainer was cute).
 
When I beat the game the first time I had DK, DK, ALC. Alchemist used a Mega-Potion each round, and each other used darkness.

Paine has mastered: DK, Samurai, Warrior
Rikku has mastered: Thief, Berserker
Yuna has mastered: Gunner, ALC (except for the 999 one, shes about 300 into that).

Berserker is actually a really useful skill. If you can break HP limit, and then start the battle by everyone howling and doubling their HP, you're pretty much set. Most enemies in the game don't do over 2000 dmg, so Alchemist can use Mega Potion every round, even if not necessary, and still win the game.

My favorites were lady luck (got it only on 2nd play through) and Dark Knight. My least favorite would probably have to be the Black Mage, because she only learns the 12 black magics, and no flare or ultima or anything useful.
 
I had 2 Berserkers and one Alchemist and your set
 
*SPOILERS IF THEY HAVEN'T ALREADY BEEN MARKED*

When I beat the game first? Paine was Dark Knight, Rikku was an Alchemist, and Yuna was a Gunner.

Why Yuna a Gunner? I had her get Trigger Happy Level 3 early game and the accessory Cat Nip basically turned her into a god.

All the way to Cloister Infinity with that setup. Trema destroyed me too many times to count, though, so I basically gave up and just finished Vegnagun/Shuyin in about thirty seconds.

But I also thouroughly enjoyed Lady Luck. I haven't played the game in a while, but I had a system to get 777 on random reels every time. It basically bribes all enemies for you, gives you insane amounts of gil rather than losing insane amounts of gil from bribing, and you get EXP and AP for the battle on top of it (instead of not getting EXP and AP from bribing). Need I mention that Lady Luck was Yuna's other setup (when not using Gunner for Cat Nip/Trigger Happy)?
 
Last edited:
Yowza, wanna tell me how to get lucky 7's everytime? That would be greatly beneficial.
 
I found the best way to beat Trema was to equip... now what was it, the armour that gives you Auto-Haste anyway, along with the Cat Nip. A hasted Gunner can fire twice as quickly during a Trigger Happy, so they get around 20 shots off whereas you'd normally get about 10-12 otherwise. The second time through was so much easier because I could give Paine the same setup aswell, and having two hasted Gunners with Cat Nip is a bit much.
 
Oh, no, I know to use Auto-Haste and the Cat Nip trick. The only problem is Trema's insane speed and over 1000 damage attacks. I haven't even got up to him casting his big spells yet. At this point I've just quit, it's far too difficult.
 
I like paine dressphere as a black magic, really cute!! i've made that dress..
 
I dont really use the gun mage, gunner or songstress. Yuna is usually a white mage, or a samurai, Rikku is usually a thief or an alchemist and Paine is almost always the warrior or the dark knight. sometimes ill make 2 members a dark knight or a berserker.
 
Hm,mascot is definitely great if you get a lot of skills learned.The 2 DK and alc combo is simple and effective..i try to use them all.and max them all,now on my 2nd play through.

I beat trema,after losing a couple of times.I must say,you definitely need all the girls hasted,and preferably keep the other 2 as healers- gunner with catnip can do the job in 10 rounds or so.Though you still need some luck.The Iron Duke is awesome btw.Worth getting.
 
Dark knight And Trainer are my favurits but i hate Samuraj its fells so ahhh u know!
 
i had chanced my mind i like White mage Black mage and luck lady
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top