what i think about ff2

Zeromus_X

Summoner
Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
2,931
Age
98
Location
Core of the Moon (Phoenix, AZ)
RPG Name
Neo Zeromus_X
well, i dont see alot about ff2 here. I know alot of people dont like it, what with the different level up system, but i still think it is a nice game. certainly not the best of the classics, but still a good game. i think an ff fan should at least play through this game once. ive played the dawn of souls one, which was good, but it cant beat the original. so, ive been playing the NES one, and now im at the ice cavern. (Ice Wind on a Adamantoise=happy!! :) anyway, what does everyone else think of it? i know everyone should give it some slack. it was the first ff with a complex storyline, and the whole "empire dominating the world and a rebellion goes up against it only to be involved in a really big deal" kind of story. i think its fun, even though i wouldnt want to play it over and over, like other ffs...tell me what you think!
 
Heh.

Well, I don't like the level up system in FF2. It was a good idea, it really was, but it was executed really poorly. It is probably the one experience system in any RPG that is the most abuse-friendly. Just simply keep attacking yourself all the time and you can get strong enough to beat the final boss before you've even got to the 2nd town. IMHO, they should have made it so that only attacks on the enemy and attacks by the enemy on you would count towards improving your characters. Instead, this way we get absurd situations such as where you have 2 fighters brutally attacking their female companion to make her stronger. It was a good idea, but they should have prevented abuse. Now it's just stupid.

Anyway, I once started on a game in Origins, but I never got farther than the first town, because I spent all my time attacking myself to get stronger (surprise!). I want to complete the game though, as the story does seem interesting and I want to beat it to at least be able to say I did it. So one day I will probably resume beating my own characters senseless for hours :)
 
lol, it is funny to beat up your own characters, and its even funnier to use change/swap. but you should get the rom of ff2, unless you're morally against them or something. i just like the old 8 bit ones :D i dont play the ps ones that much, because my playstation is really old and has a hard time loading and stuff...one of the reasons i play roms... yeah, but i think you'll like the story. did you know that if you attack or use a spell, and then cancel and use it again, it still counts ? its a useful little bug. :)
 
I know about the bug, and that's another horrible part of the leveling up system :) It's way too abusable. It's not even difficult to get godly characters :p Then again, without that spell bug, it would be way TOO hard to level up spells. All in all they should've done things in a better way, and without glitches :)

I rather play Origins on my PS/PS2 than a ROM on an emulator, not because I'm personally against playing ROMs, but because playing video games in front of the computer screen (even if you have a nice game pad) doesn't even begin to compare to laying on the bed or sitting on the couch playing on a TV :)
 
im playing origins :D i haven't completed the collections in ff1 though :(
 
yeah i personally liked the one with behemoth vs light.. although i havent met any behemoths in the game :P
 
FF2 is the First FF game to have a storyline.
It's a great game, especially when it was remade on the GBA.
 
Someone

Hey did you guys know somebody here named yukin ditched FF8 all of his posts here are lies anyway bottomline is he hates all FF games so please do somethimg about it because it's like this the FF game is like my parents when they get insulted I get angry. Well that's it :mad:
 
....Zeke20, Please don't insult people for only a little reason, anyway, I DIDN'T tease you anyway, You get angry so much in a little way.
That's no reason to insult people.
 
I dunno, But whatever it is, please, I'm sorry.
 
what the HELL are u guys talking about, whatever, u guys are to be in troble.....well back to topic, ffii i still beaten it. final boss kicks my butt every time and i have good stats and maxed out all my magic including ultima but she attacks almost all my health is gone.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top