What is it that makes you buy a certain game?

What makes you buy a certain game?

  • The style

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • The price

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than one answer

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Don't really know

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other stuff

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The game type

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • The things you can do with this game

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't really care

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    10

Seyluv

*Isu's Empress/Wife*
Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
5,441
Location
???
RPG Name
Beloved-Shadowqueen
What turns you on about a certain game, that makes you decide to buy it?

For me I first look at the game cover. Then I read a little on the back about what the game is about. The price if I'm on a budget. And sometimes the name of the game.

So how about you guys?
 
Wow! I had forgot all about the storyline.
 
Yeah, that too.
 
The first thing that I pay attention to is the style of a game: design and aesthetics is always quite appealing, even when the graphics themselves aren't of a high quality, if it's enjoyable, then it's bound to be good. :)
 
Yeah I agree, some of the best games I played lacked good graphics, but everything else was great. Music is also important in a game.
 
empresscrystal said:
Wow! I had forgot all about the storyline.

Well, you don't know much about the storyline before you buy the game, no? :confused: -_- unless you check walkthroughs on the interweb or something. :p

And yes, music is one of the more important factors as well. =)
 
This one game I was playing storyline wasn't that good. But the music was too good. I beat the game pretty fast too, mainly because I was hooked on the music. Oh man, I wish I was still playing it.
 
Heh, you might get the idea that people always will say that storyline is the most important factor.

Ahem, I didn't find any decent storyline in the Sonic or in the Mario games, but does it matter? NO. :p
 
There are a lot of different things about a game that makes it good. It all depends on how you feel about the game. Wheather you think its a good game or not. If you think a certain game is worth your time . Sometimes I just buy fun games that doesn't required a lot of stuff like Mario or Sonic. You know games I won't get angry at that much.
 
Yeah, that Castlevania, Curse of Darkness. The storyline suck, the game was to easy, and well there wasn't enought good music either. Plus I paid a lot for it.

It was ok, but not worth the price I paid for or the time I waited for it to come out.

Plus the guy from the game place where I buy most of my games from, lied to me.
 
Last edited:
Avathar said:
Did you ever regret buying a videogame?
Mario is Missing.

It's a TRIVA game with action bosses...WITH LUIGI! And koopa shells that you can't even push.
 
Wow! Sounds horrible...and a waste of money.
 
What is PSX, anyway?
 
first i look at the back of the cover i don't check how much it costs(all games on gba are 29.99 and under,even new ones)then i go to gamespot to see videos of the game and i look at the pictures.that's how i get my games.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top