What is with this Hip-Hop fever?

Seyluv

*Isu's Empress/Wife*
Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
5,441
Location
???
RPG Name
Beloved-Shadowqueen
Hip-Hop is ok to me, but why come everyone into it now days? Can someone tell me why?
 
I hate it. My friends love it. My school is Hip-Hop city. There are no goths, vamps, a few rockers(Really like five), punks(really like three), no ones listen to pop, and even at all our special awards shows or whatever they always playing Hip-Hop, everywhere i look it always hip-hop this, hip-hop that.
 
Here in Portugal, almost everyone listens to different music styles... Those tasteless people, who just ear somthign because everyone ears it like listening to hiphop, but only that shitty hiphop in radios and TVs...

And a great part of other people listen to metal

Now... I hear musics inside almost every style... Hiphop, New Age, Classical, Metal, Punk, Rock... But I really don't listen to those famous musics...

and Hiphop here in Portugal is COMPLETELY different from American Hiphop... I am a Rapper... I got 10 musics, and I am planning to sing some more... Here, in our musics, we don't talk about drugs, guns, money and bitches, like 50 cent [I hate that guy]... we talk about life, love, and other themes... somthing more abstract...

I have this music inside my head... and I would share it with you, but it's, obviously, portuguese :S
 
Hmmmmmm. Must be a Chicago thing cause were I live Hip- Hop is in the minority/almost nonexistent.
 
Because people want to be like everyone else, ie living in the ghetto, have a gun on them at all times, being a so called pimp. =/ I listen to the music, minus the thoughts. Not my favorite genre of music, but I'll listen to it.
 
Hip hop doesnt do much for me, I am much more of a Hard Rocker myself.... Hiphop is a little too gradeschool for me.
 
people really dont understand the true hip-hop community. all this bling, rims, hoes, cash, cars...that's not the real hip-hop community. listen to people like Common, Kanye West, Talib Kweli, and Asheryu; the underground artists are the real hip-hoppers. they rap about real things (at least most of the time). i could write a whole essay on why this mainstream BS isn't real hip-hop and how the community has taken a turn for the worst
 
Well my favorite musician is Pink Floyed and I really only listen to stuff like his. And GOOD game music.
Total Annihilation the Core Contingency has some of the best music ever.
 
Anyone here has Kajin's Remixes? He remixes some video game music

you can get some at http://ocremix.org

I really love Chaos temple, and Rydia's theme remixes... Ballad of the sea isn't bad, either
 
You people are getting it mixed up. Theres a diffrence between Hip-hop and rap and seems like you all a describeing rap. hip hop is basicly dead. And whats wrong whitht a person expressing them self? Rapers rap about personal experiences and some times its not all good thats why alot of time it sounds negitive.
 
drifter51 said:
You people are getting it mixed up. Theres a diffrence between Hip-hop and rap and seems like you all a describeing rap. hip hop is basicly dead. And whats wrong whitht a person expressing them self? Rapers rap about personal experiences and some times its not all good thats why alot of time it sounds negitive.
i'll give you that. but as a fan, you've gotta know the difference between hype and the truth
 
Sephiroth said:
Hip hop doesnt do much for me, I am much more of a Hard Rocker myself.... Hiphop is a little too gradeschool for me.
Yeah I agree. :D I'm a hard rocker as well. But I mainly listen to hard metal and k-pop.
 
Same here. I like the old school.
 
Well, I must say being born and raised in Detroit, yes I like Hip-Hop cause I grew up around it. But I can understand why some people dont like it. I mean much of it now and days is about: Money, b**ches, Sex, drugs,Strippers ect. But there are some songs out there that have a meaning and reason to it. But if a song has a beat to it that I like, I'll listen so i can drop it like it's hot :D

But I'm more of an R&B person myself. I get sick of the rap and sometimes I just need to tone it down and relax. :)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top