What is with this Hip-Hop fever?

Guy on the first page said rappers rap about their lives, sometimes/mostly.

That's a little wrong.

You're right, ie "Ghetto Story" Cham & Alicia Keys. But, that's not rap, and is besides the point. Hip hop isn't dead. It's just..like..how to say it..if it were a person, it'd be on life support(XD).

Most "rappers" these days fill the little childrens head with words like "fly", "crunk", and so forth. Which is why you see people on the street, guns in their pants, ready to shoot anyone who insults them so much, whereas they could talk/fight with fists. Even if fighting with fists is bad either way. =D

I do like rap. I can't lie. But I don't like it for the wrong reasons. I don't listen to it to learn about being a pimp, handling women, like they do. I just listen to it because I like it. And don't ask me why. Because I don't...really..know. I just do. o_0

Which isn't bad, because I know right from wrong. Thing is, little children/teenagers don't. They're beginning to learn about things. And I'm not going into detail about that either. But hey, go to New York and look around. You can't go and not see a guy with a bandana, sagging pants, a crooked hat, and a retarded version of the English language. It's the lyrics and music in general that changes people. Which I don't really pay any attention to in rap songs. They just sound cool. xD

Different from Rock. Where you listen to the lyrics, and that makes it a good song. I could bet you I become a poet, dirty myself up, find a rhyme scheme, and become a rapper. It requires no real skill whatsoever. Just learn the way they talk, and it's very easy. It's very easy to talk in the ways they do.

But I'm not going to rant on and on and...oh, wait..nevermind.. I did. :O Rap is changing the little ones. Hip hop is different from Rap. And I love Rock. That's about it. :D
 
Hydra said:
Different from Rock. Where you listen to the lyrics, and that makes it a good song. I could bet you I become a poet, dirty myself up, find a rhyme scheme, and become a rapper. It requires no real skill whatsoever. Just learn the way they talk, and it's very easy. It's very easy to talk in the ways they do.

Like I kinda said earlier on, contemporary rap music has no skill whatsoever, maybe with a few exceptions, but still: the lyrics have no big context.
And 'cause of that, it'ld influence kids much more easier, since the rap is explicitly about the text, where in most rock music: lyrics are definetly important, no doubt, but there's always the message-bringing in rap music that hits the spot more easily for youngsters.

Hydra said:
But I'm not going to rant on and on and...oh, wait..nevermind.. I did. :O Rap is changing the little ones. Hip hop is different from Rap. And I love Rock. That's about it. :D

Hip hop usually pays more attention to the melody and background scores, supporting the actual lyrics. That's the bigger difference between hip hop and rap, as in most rap music it's all about direct context and the expressive ways of showing forth vocals.
 
Im into Metal, Goth, and Punk Hip-Hop just doesnt do anything for me i do respect some hip-hop and rap artists but I dont like most of it just not my thing.
 
Bleh, stop being right Avathar. =P

Don't stop it. XD

Anyway, I just realized that hip-hip died with Biggie and Tupac. =P

Now Hip-Hop is is just another name for rap. And rap is stupid. Every song has a Bentley with 20 inch rims. It's like every single rapper in the world has them. XD I'll only listen to a few rap songs now.

Wu-Tang and 2pac FTW! =D
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top