What type of computer do you prefer

Spiff

Kung-Fu Fighter
Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
1,026
Age
43
Location
Detroit
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
Roller
I recently have been having problems with my laptop overheating and I talked to my sister; she said that laptops overheating is a common problem. So with all the recent problems I've decided when I get my next computer it'll be a desk: my new preference.

So what type of computer do you prefer.
 
PC over laptop. They work better. I do wish I have a laptop though, but it would be only for traveling, as I think that they are secondary in "skills" to desktop computers.
 
Well, I've only had PCs so far because I like to be able to build up my own computer and decide exactly what parts I want. And it's easy to upgrade a few parts if you want, can't do that with the laptop, there it's all or nothing. But laptops are so easy to take with you, can sit anywhere with it.. so yeah, I'm getting one eventually. I'll always have a stationary PC on the side though :)
 
I have both a PC and Mac, both in the form of a laptop and desctop, i like them bothe equally and enjoy them for different reasons. I do use my PC more often out of the fact it has more games. I find that my mac laptop is by far better then my pc laptop however.
 
Last edited:
well microsoft is bringing out a new model... windows Delta i think its called... don't know to much about it myself but i know its coming out next year sometime .. so might be worth checking out
 
Windows is not a computer.. Windows is an operating system. The question was about laptops or desktops :)
 
I prefer PC's just becuse of the games really, Macs look nicer and are better for certain design programs.
 
Some games don't work on consoles though... like StarCraft, or Diablo. They'd need serious change in controls to even almost work on a console with a gamepad. I play those games on a PC, but all the rest on a console, basically :)

But the question was what kind of *computer* you prefer. IE, PC/Mac, laptop/desktop.. not console/PC.
 
I haven't had any problems with my laptop, like overheating :confused: ...even had one day that it stood on constantly, but no problems :) .
 
Any, as long as it runs fast.
 
i prefer laptops. i dont do a lot of computer gaming and when i get my summer started for real and during the rest of the year, im always on the go. besides, i love invading Wi-Fi connections.
 
I prefer Desktopes because . You are not stuck with the same keyboard, speakers and monitor that the computer came with since they are easy to replace with desktops.

Plus, desktops are cheaper and offer better performance and they are more easy to upgrade. I don't really see a need for myself to leave the house with a laptop since I rarely need to check e-mail when i am out.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top