What's ip

I explained it's usefulness and how powerfully it can affect your time if you don't do good in the Griever topic, but I'll break it more down to earth if you'd like.
 
An IP address identifies your computer on the Internet. IP addresses are needed for computers to communicate over networks such as the Internet.

A computer can have a static IP address or use dynamic IP addresses. Most home users have dynamic IP addresses. A static IP address is always the same for the same computer (but CAN be changed if wanted, it's not locked), while a dynamic IP address will be assigned every time you connect to the Internet. Normally, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) assigns an IP address to your computer. You can check your IP address by going to the website www.whatsmyip.org.

A normal user doesn't have to worry about IP addresses at all. It's all handled automatically in the background, the way it should be.

I could tell you a lot more about this. I've studied computer communication (among other things), but it may get too technical :)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top