What's ur favo movie ever ?

Luis said:
Oops! I forgot something too. Fifth element is one of my favourites also, :D
isnt it just a beautiful film? the music, story, characters...gotta love em'! :D
also, the fifth element seems to be like a final fantasy , what with the whole four elements and such
 
Last edited:
Theres sooo many movies too choose from... thats y i can't decide, but i love any movies tht has a patriotic feel to it... something like The Last Samurai... Tom Cruise is soo kool in it... hmm maybe we should start one for favourite actors!!!
 
i don't have one favorit movie... there are so many i like. matrix, the neverending story, the last unicorn, ice age, van helsing and so on. and, yes of course, advent children ^^
 
There are so many good movies out there to choose from, like Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings Triology, The Village and so fourth. Umm i know, my favorite movie as kid =D was "Milo and Otis" awesomeness right there :P
 
very hard to choose, but it's easier to name my favorite filmmakers:

Quentin Tarantino- Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, ...
David Lynch- Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive
Stanley Kubrick- Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove(that's gotta be my favorite :D )
Francis Coppola- Apocalypse now
Begnini- La vita e bella
Lars von Trier- Dogville, Dancer in the Dark
Pedro Almodovar- Hable con ella, Todo sobre mi madre, ...

oh yeah, and i'm a Star Wars freak :D
 
I just saw The Cronicles of Narnia. It's a very good movie and I highly recommend it. I'm hoping they make all seven.
 
Good ones you chose Avathar. By the way, I read now your question Zerosmus :p. Yes. the 5th element is a really good movie. Really original, cool and fun. However, I can't find the similitude to Final Fantasy :p
I recently saw Sin City (in DVD, of course) and I loved it!!! A brilliant performance!! And a very good cast!! I've seen recently the last one of Harry Potter(never liked H.Potter's stories, but a friend convinced me, and it wasn't so bad. In fact, I found it a nice movie :D ) and Saw 2. Now, it's turn for The Cronicles of Narnia and King Kong. However, I do not expect much from The Cronicles of Narnia, when referring to the plot and the story line. I'll tell you my opinion. I've considered yours Spiff ;)
 
Sin City is.... awesome :D 5 stars for me!!! 'cause there isn't anything about it that's bad :cool:

"Film Noir" Comics MEETS "Tarantino" Violence = I love it!
 
oh,boyz,you are too fierce...I think Forrest Gump is good.but I afraid this one is too calm for you to watch.....
 
....what? you think guys only watch crude action movies?

*looks to my dvds......

- Any way the wind blows
- Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain
- Discovery of Heaven
- Donnie Darko
- Finding Nemo
- Ice Age
- The Incredibles (yeah, i like 3D animation :D )
- Last Samurai
- ...the Lion King?!
- The Nighmare before Christmas
- Oceans' Eleven
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- and so on..........
 
Yesterday I saw The Cronicles of Narnia, and honestly it's just a good movie. Not more than that... Lord of the Rings is much better in my point of view.
I don't think Forrest Gump is a real good movie, at least for me, and if you think that's because ''we'' love only action movies, you should check I said at the beginning of this thread which movies I like, and I don't think American Beauty or K-PAX are action movies...
 
I actually wrote a review about the film Chronicles of Narnia for my school "newspaper". i wonder if you'll like it:

In the Second World-War many send thousands of British children to the farminglands, because the cities were interrupted by German bombardements. Because of this way, Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter Pevensie end up in the mansion of one professor Kirke. When Lucy is hiding in a wardrobe, she suddenly enters the magical world of Narnia. There she meets mister Tumnus, a friendly Faun, that tells her that his nation is going down under the tiranny of the White Witch. But apparently things will soon change, because an ancient prophecy tells the tale of 4 children, who with the assistance of the wise lion Aslan will put an end to the eternal winter, which has covered all lands of Narnia.
Now that Harry Potter has reached puberty, and Peter Jackson has left his Hobbits, the Disney-studio's have put all of their money (or some sleazy 180 million dollars) on this filmversion on one of the popular Narnia-books of youthwriter C.S. Lewis.
It was to be expected that the director Andrew Adamson (Shrek) would especially commit wonders on the visual aspects, with this rich fantasy-novel. The aesthetics seem to look somewhat strange, and the background-projections aren't always as succesfull, but the magical creatures look very real, by a mix of real actors and special effects.
But to mention, the entire atmosphere of the movie wouldn't really remind the audience to Lord of the Rings (even if C.S. Lewis was a good friend and colleague of J.R.R. Tolkien). It would rather link to more mysterious and more children-focused movies, like the Neverending Story, or Labyrint and such. But the difference is yet again the computereffects, such as used with Aslan (voice of Liam Neeson), but it never reaches the realistic level of the recent King Kong, altough it certainly beats Harry Potter in magic level (does anybody remember the lame-looking dragons? exactly).
The human actors are also doing a good job. Of the four children, the young Georgie Henley as the cute Lucy excells when she can't believe her eyes she's landed in a place like Narnia. Tilda Swinton takes care of the-probably unmeaned- sexual tension as the White Witch.
So in conclusion, forget Harry Potter, hang on during the slow first half of the movie, and ignore the Christian allegories. Just enjoy this better fantasy movie.

Outta 5..... i'lld give the Chronicles of Narnia 4 stars.

(these guys are also pretty keen about the Chronicles)
 
Last edited:
Well done!
However, I'd give 3 stars out of 5.
 
Well, yeah, star wars is like legendaric :D , well, for me it is. I was like 9, 10 years old i first saw A New Hope on video. And by now: i've seen the first trilogy so many times, i've lost count.
(altough with Lord of the Rings i can keep the count, well.... let's just say i've seen Star Wars a lot!!)

Other movies i've seen so many times, that i forget how many times:

Reservoir Dogs
Ichi the Killer
(these are the films where i know entire scenes and dialogues from top to bottom)
Ghost in the Shell
Akira
A Night at the Opera (Marx Brothers)
Pulp Fiction
The Boondock Saints
Natural Born Killers
......
 
Last edited:
Trust me, reasoniamalive: the books are hard to read..... but they're SO MUCH BETTER than the movies. :cool:

And, yeah, Boondock Saints is one of the best films i've ever seen!

The Matrix.....yeah, it's cool and all, but..... i totally didn't like the third part of the trilogy. I hated the end :mad:
What i do like, linking to the Matrix, is the Animatrix! First they gave it one tv, but now i've got the dvd. :p : a serie of animations (all manga) by some great artists.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top