Which theme will be awarded..?

Luis

·· Fresón rebelde ··
Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
1,539
RPG Name
Deathhunter
Which theme of the games would you vote for the MTV awards? xp
I think Nobuo Uematsu has performed a brilliant work in this series. In my opinion, there're some nice themes in FFVII: the song played when you last fight Sephiroth(I think it's called Winged Angel, isn't it?) and the one from Aeris' death scene. I'd pick Edea's theme in FFVIII(the one with choirs and so on) and Melodies of Life in FFIX. (I didn't listen the rest)
If a had to choose one, I'd probably choose Sephiroth's Orchestral Theme(Winged Angel)
What about you?
 
To be honest I play the games with the sound turned off because the music annoys me. About the only music I remember is that played in the dance scene in FF8, so I'd prob have to vote for that.
 
…

The music annoys you? Wow..

Well, I guess we're all different lol.

I could never play an RPG without music, it feels so.. dull without music or sound. Even though there are always a few pieces in every game that is below average, and you wouldn't listen to the majority of the music outside of the game, overall, the music adds tremendously to the athmosphere and the overall feel of the game IMO.

Anyway, to be on-topic, I'm not sure. There are so many good pieces of music in basically all FF games, I'm not sure I could pick one theme or one game :)
 
The world theme from Final Fantasy VI. (Terra's Theme)

Absolute brilliance.
 
I didn't play FF6, but you for sure I will when I have more free time! :) Well, Arkacia, I think music is VERY important in these games, as Shadowheart claims too. Final Fantasy wouldn't have been the same for me without their really well-done OSTs. One-Winged Angel? Ok, thanks for the info 'Commander of the Platinum Dragons' :p
 
One Winged Angel did change a lot of the way I saw video game music. Innovation should be looked at and I think this one should win. :)
 
Shadowheart said:
…

The music annoys you? Wow..

Well, I guess we're all different lol.

I could never play an RPG without music, it feels so.. dull without music or sound. Even though there are always a few pieces in every game that is below average, and you wouldn't listen to the majority of the music outside of the game, overall, the music adds tremendously to the athmosphere and the overall feel of the game IMO.

I think its the way the music seems to be just the same tune over and over in these games (not just FF, all games) that gets on my nerves. We also have the playstation in the lounge room, so have the TV on and I just got used to playing with the sound off. It seems strange to me to have it on :D.
 
It's ok Arkacia, each person has different tastes and opinions...it's just that the sound gives more than half of the game atmosphere (in my opinion).
Of course it may be repetitive for you, but if you go around the worl map(for examlpe) for one hour, it would be a crazy work for musicians to do a well-done composition for that length in every place of the game! Don't you think so? I think it's an artists work, I mean, all we know which song identifies each character, so it's a way to make a closer approach between the game and the player...Music gives us the situation, the essential environment...in games it guve us for battles, meeting with characters, meeting with the girl character loves...
Hope you know what I mean.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top