dappa, that's because there isn't any difference in that department. Easy mode is only really easier in that you level up faster and can cast more magic. That does make a difference, but not as much as the changes in Dawn of Souls..
Yeah your right shadowheart them minimal spell casts on normal mode to some extent made the game a bit harder harder but what I did to get round it was to rely more on weapons which had spells inbedded in them to make up for the lack of magic power.
Them minimal spell casts didn't half suck on the final dungeon.
I've got the GBA rerelease of FF1 and 2. I played the first FF on the NES and I also played the PS rereleases. On the GBA I've gotten fairly far in FF 1, I'll play it some more if I can pull myself away from FFVI Advance.
I think ff2 is alot easier than one. Forget the cancelling bug. I only had any trouble in the game with those black knights with their blood sword attacks in the final dungeon.
Those black knights are lethal to a poorly equipped party
My friend was telling me about a Desert town that he took a ship/walked to where the enemies outside the town turned two of his party members to stone and the last character got a beat-down by the 8 monster party sporting 200 Dmg/thwack! 0.0!
That would suck...he didn't save for a while either. XD!
He really likes the game though - he's put in a lot of hours so far.
I've got 1&2 but for the Playstation. Found 1 really tough but 2 pretty easy even without abusing the system. I tried the original FF1 on an emulator...daaaaamn! Enjoy grinding levels?