who actually has ff1 and ff2

I have the NES versions of them, now all I need is a working NES. =P
I also have Dawn of Souls as well, that version is kinda horrible though.
 
Final Fantasy I and II are probably two the the hardest Final Fantasy games, if only because of ancient gameplay mechanics and frequent random encounters. Otherwise, if you know how to play through them, you shouldn't have much trouble.

The Dawn of Souls version of the games, although enjoyable, was extremely toned down in the difficulty department, possibly to cater to the newer generation of players who rightly shouldn't have to put up with aforementioned ancient gameplay mechanics. FFII wasn't as toned down as FFI, however, but both games were nerfed quite a bit. Examples include the ability to save anywhere (both games), the ability to hold 99 of every item (both games), the max level becoming 99 (FFI), more proficiency points gained after using a weapon or spell (FFII), and so on.

However, the Dawn of Souls version also has two new bonus dungeons (or a bonus campaign in the case of FFII), and many heartwarming references to the later games in the series, and many of the bugs that plagued the older versions of the game were fixed.

Anyway. I own the NES version of FFI, as well as FFI and FFII in Final Fantasy Origins. I believe the PlayStation version is the best incarnation of these two games, they both retain the unnerving difficulty as well as having beautiful graphics and near-orchestral quality music. The Bestiary, Item, and Art Collection (Amano <3) are great additions as well. I do enjoy the extra content in Dawn of Souls, but it'd be nice if they didn't completely destroy any difficulty these two games may've had, even if the intention was nice.
 
I own a few FF carts: FF1 NES (with manual and maps), FF Mystic Quest, and FFII (IVj). I have Origins, but I'm more down with emulating the original NES versions (frozen NESes are not fun times) because it just doesn't feel right with the new visuals. Conversely, I dig the Chronicles version of FF4 because it's hardtype.
 
ultimecia said:
lol i never knew you were a buisness man lol did u like ff1 and ff2 and did you think they were harder or easier than the latest final fantasy's


I like Zeromus_X's breakdown on the differences. I thought the PS1 (the only ones I've played) versions of FF1 and 2 were off teh chain in terms of difficulty. I think I'd preferr playing the GBA DoS edition...I let my freind borrow it since I was still playing DQ VIII. :p

...But I'll get it back -> someday. :rolleyes:

P.S. Ultimecia - Check my profile for my home page link ;)
 
I own the roms for the nes versions of 1 and 2 and I own the origins version for the playstation 1.

The frequent battles on ff1 drove me up the wall sometimes.
 
reasoniamalive, you could always play FF1 on Easy mode in FF:Origins if you're having problems. Well, unless you're already playing that lol. It is easier mainly in that you level up faster, and can cast far more spells before you need to rest.
 
I don't have either game and I have never played them either. You guys are lucky that you were able to.
 
ShadowHeart said:
reasoniamalive, you could always play FF1 on Easy mode in FF:Origins if you're having problems. Well, unless you're already playing that lol. It is easier mainly in that you level up faster, and can cast far more spells before you need to rest.


Thanks ShadowHeart...I WAS (and think I still am) on normal mode...just restarted with a White mage instead of a red one (the white mage can cast the life spell.)
:p
 
reasoniamalive said:
Yeah? Why though?
Basically what Zeromus said, I don't need to really explain it, right? XD
The GBA versions seem to be toned down in difficulty a lot. I liked the days when games were actually a challenge, games these days seem to be getting easier and easier. =P
 
Now that would be a challenge. It would have me pulling my hair out in despair.

As for the enemies in ff1, I haven't noticed any difference in their strength/levels on either normal or easy mode. They are vicious regardless of what mode you have it on.

Especially the temple of chaos past.
 
How about;

A solo White-mage challenge on normal difficulty? Only something a God would attempt. XD
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top