who plays magic?

i never play whit magic ont buy it i dont buy stuffs i dont know watt it's it...
 
It's a card game where you use cards with fantasy creatures and do battle according to certain rules. It's a quite complicated game with (I think) literally 1000s of different cards. It's called Magic the Gathering, but everyone just says Magic.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/
 
I HATE all popular card games. Excluding magic because it requires skill and wasn't made about some stooooooooopid cartoon. Like Pokemon and Yugiho and digimon and all the countless series of worthless cards about worthless cartoons. Whatever happened to the old Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Superman, Buggs Bunny, and all the others. Those cartoons actually had thought put into them unlike the ones nowadays. The newer ones are @$#@%$^ because ALL cartoons are made in Japan buy like 3 companys so they have NO competition and no reason to spend money on cartoons because they know nothing else will be on besides Clifford the Big Red Dog!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Magic is cool though. It requieres THINKING! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
 
Tiny Bronco said:
I HATE all popular card games. Excluding magic because it requires skill and wasn't made about some stooooooooopid cartoon. Like Pokemon and Yugiho and digimon and all the countless series of worthless cards about worthless cartoons. Whatever happened to the old Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Superman, Buggs Bunny, and all the others. Those cartoons actually had thought put into them unlike the ones nowadays. The newer ones are @$#@%$^ because ALL cartoons are made in Japan buy like 3 companys so they have NO competition and no reason to spend money on cartoons because they know nothing else will be on besides Clifford the Big Red Dog!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Magic is cool though. It requieres THINKING! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yu-gi-oh was just a comic about games before it became centered on the card game. (Though the rest are just a part of the "battling monster" craze.)

Part of the reason one might think Magic is so complicated is because there are so many different cards. Each set also brings a few more gameplay mechanics with it, adding more rules. I imagine this could get very confusing for some people.

Of course, the basic game isn't really hard to understand at all. ;)
 
Oh yeah, Zeromus: I went to check what the lastest serie of magic cards are available here: it's called ""Saviors"(of Kamigawa)"; cards with an Asian feeling to it^^.

But ever since i stopped following since Invasion :p damn....all these new rules and addings, like artifact equipments, instant arcanes :confused: .... :D Ahwell.

And indeed, the basic rules of Magic aren't that hard. :) (it may look complicated :D )
 
Saviors, eh? That's like 3 sets behind us..of course, it is manufactured in US, to my knowledge. If only they could distribute them faster...

That's also where most of the cards for my Kamigawa Snake deck come from. I'll post a decklist sometime, it really is my most destructive deck.

But don't go insane when you see the crazy cards that come out in Ravnica ;)
 
I've played Magic with a very basic set of cards that I got for free from a magazine. It was fairly fun, but as I said, it was very basic, hardly any special abilities or special rules. But judging by this forum there are far too many things to keep track with the full game :)
 
...I'm going to assume you're talking about Avathar's "FF Magic Cards". If so, then post in that thread. I don't believe he's made any with Tidus or Auron yet.

Regarding what Shadow Heart said; there are "blocks", that is, every three sets (usually set in the same reality, story-wise). In "Type 2", people play with any cards from the current and last block. That way people don't get confused or people get overpowered. (Alot of the really old cards are very powerful.) And, the company sells more stuff too, of course.

Meh. I seem to like explaining things lately...
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top