Who still plays FFVII??

What I meant is that ppl think he's good in combat.. Squally D outright said it, and I know others here said it too (too lazy to check it up). My point is that Vincent is one of the worst characters in the game battle-wise. You can like him all you want because he's cool, but don't come claiming he's strong or good with magic or anything, because he's not.
 
The biggest Flaw of Vincent is of course his Limit breaks, wich usually just end up sucking a whole lot.

And agreed, he is the second worst character in the game. Personally I think all the character are the same as far as everythign but their appearance goes. Then the limit breaks make them each a little better at a different thing, however Vincent never has a use, or none that I could find, I never used him. Cid and Yuffie along with Cloud were my favorite, switching out barret and Tifa when needed.
 
Last edited:
Shadowheart said:
What I meant is that ppl think he's good in combat.. Squally D outright said it, and I know others here said it too (too lazy to check it up). My point is that Vincent is one of the worst characters in the game battle-wise. You can like him all you want because he's cool, but don't come claiming he's strong or good with magic or anything, because he's not.

Oh, I never used him.
 
Well, I personally have no qualms about fighting a few battles for the final weapon stat. And I don't know why anyone wouldn't once they realize the potential that Vincent has. I have vincent doing straight 9's every hit. Every shot, every enemy, all it takes is a little patience.
As for his limit breaks, Chaos isn't the best, but some of his earlier ones do the trick. He also appears to have the damage bonus from his weapon on his earlier forms (he doesn't on Chaos.) Bottom line, for physical attack damage, the only one who beats Vincent is Cloud and that is only with limits. You just have to put some work into him.
 
"A few" battles? Come again? 4864 enemies is around 1000 battles if you get 5 enemies per battle. If it takes 1 minute from when you enter battle to when you enter the next one, you're looking at 16+ hours.

It's not worth that time IMO. You can dish out 9999 damage per hit with Cid and Barret VERY easily and it doesn't take hours and hours of killing monsters. All it takes is to equip a bunch of mastered materias on Missing Score or have Cid's at full MP (same with Red, just have MP full.. hell even Cait Sith only needs full HP for full bonus). That takes virtually no time to do, compared to 16+ hours of plain killing monsters with Vincent. And in the end they all do the same damage per hit, so why waste tons of hours building up Death Penalty's bonus when you can get a character with the full damage bonus with much more useful limit breaks with almost no effort at all? Unless you are totally in love with Vincent and absolutely must use him no matter what, there's absolutely no point in wasting all that time. Or unless you want a perfect game and maxing out the damage bonus on Death Penalty is part of achieving that.
 
I think you guys are missing the point. Sure, full MP gives Cid his full *bonus* but that doesn't mean straight nines on everything, especially bosses. With Vincent, there is basically no roof. More enemies equals more power until full damage is just a constant you can depend on. Then things like 4x Cut are nice. :)
 
Uh.. I've played with Cid many times, and he always dealt 9999 damage per hit with 4x Cut against anything after I equipped Venus Gospel. I very rarely use magic anyway after I have 4x Cut on everyone, you don't need it. I can't remember seeing Cid doing anything less than 9999 damage on anything with full MP. But it's been a while now since I played last time. Even if he has a possibility of dealing slightly less damage, it's in no way worth the time to build up Death Penalty in my opinion. I'm not sure if I'd even have the patience for it. His limit break sucks too, so no Vincent for me :P (Although, I AM considering maxing Vincent too when I play next time, just to be able to say that I have done it I guess, not to have him as one of my main characters).
 
Personally working for over 12 hours just for a character to be stronger is pontless, you can just about beat the game in that amount of time. Vincent is not cool enough to be with that kind of time, so peace.
 
man u like math 2 much plus people have there own chars on who they think is the greatest and in fact vincent is my fav but urs may be cloud or cid or who the hell cares the piont is the many people lik him because he is strong to them (maybe not 2 u) but to us he is great. so any way who is ur favorite. cause mine is Vincent Valentine the ex-turk
 
I don't like math too much. I like math, plain and simple.

I'm not going to argue anymore about Vincent. I've said what I wanted to say about him.

I don't have any favourite characters really. Everyone is good in at least some way (except maybe Cait Sith, he's definitely nothing special), but noone is the best. I play with different character combinations every time.
 
Interesting.
I have mostly only played with two combos.... Cloud Vincent Cid and Cloud Barret Cid. Maybe I'm just not original enough.
I did run through with the girls once, and Yuffie does excellent at morphing, but I had a harder time with the game as a whole than when I just ran the guys.
 
Well that could be because Barret and Cid have the most powerful limit breaks (well, after Cloud). Other than that, there shouldn't really be much difference.
 
If you can get all of Tifas right its can hit for 69993 hit points
 
Sure, but it's extremely difficult to get all 7 on "YEAH" or whatever it says in yellow (can't remember). Then again, with her best weapon she should do 9999 damage even with normal "HIT". But it's very hard to not miss at least once or twice. I can't remember getting all 7 hits more than 2 or 3 times at most *ever*. I guess you can use the Square trick to help, although it didn't seem to help at all when I tried. The other characters won't miss nearly as easily (I've seen Cid miss with some missiles, but I don't recall Barret or Cloud ever missing a hit in their final limits, except against Ruby Weapon), and you don't need to spin some wheels and pray you don't get a miss.
 
I really didn't find that a problem, I got "Yeah" across the board a dozen times. (Maybe I just played more :) )
 
I've played and finished FF7 over 10 times, and used Tifa at least 3 of those playthroughs. Maybe I just suck at the spinning things. I do consider her limit the 4th best though.
 
I never even got all of her limits. =\ Even in my best game where I'd done absolutely everything, literally the only thing I hadn't done was get all of Tifa's limit breaks. I'm sure I'd been fighting with her for absolutely forever towards the end but I just never got it. But I wasn't really bothered anyway because I never used her apart from when I was forced to and for getting her to level 99 at the end. :p
 
Trust me, the PC version is awful. The chocobo races don't work on any operating system past Windows 98, and there's a nasty glitch on disc 2 where you basically have to change eighty different settings to get past one FMV. Many times the game will also freeze halfway through an FMV forcing you to play through the entire prior scene again (I am reminded painfully of the flashback sequence in Kalm, it froze as Sephiroth was revealing Jenova). The only reason I ever had it on PC was because I didn't have a PSX (and PS2 hadn't even been thought of yet) and my uncle had played it on his PSX and I really liked it. If you have the regular version, stick with that - it will save you a lot of aggravation.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top