Who will win the Console wars???

Which console is going to be the best?

  • Nintendo Wii

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Playstation 3

    Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Xbox 360

    Votes: 3 21.4%

  • Total voters
    14

Unknown Kaze

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
70
Age
38
Location
England
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
Kaze
Well since the PS3 has been released on the other side of the pond *i.e USA* Im just curious to know which console you guys think will win console supremecy
 
the ps3!!!!!!

one has already sold for 7k+ on ebay and people were in line for 3 days to get it, not to mention the ps3 has so much more to offer!!!
 
What I think will win the "Console Wars" will be between the PS3 and Wii. (God what an un-heavenly name from Hell)

Since this is an FF site I guarnetee that the PS3 will win this pole, but in the rest of the world I bet it'll be close.

Personally I would love it if someone bought up all of the Wii's right as they launched and flushed em down a toilet. I don't completely hate Nitendo. I HATE!!! the NEW Nintendo.
80% of Nintendo games made before the game cube or 1997ish were great. You're not beating the original Marios, Sonic the Hedgehog, or Ninja Turtles. However ever since the Game Cube they have turned to flashy, overly Japanese style (where they try to make it look all cute and colorful), terrible storyline games. Not that ALL of their new games are bad, but most are. And I want to masicer the group of Nitendo employees that game out with the name :mad: Wii. :mad:
When they game out with the Revolution I had hope for them. But now that its the Wii I will never buy a Ninttendo game made after 2000!!!!!

I would be overly joyed if somehow people broke away from the old game company (Nintendo) and give other stuffs at least a try. I'm hoping for the X Box 360 to be in second because I love Halo, halo 2, and soon to find out Halo 3s' story lines. And X box live is still the best online service though that may change because of PS3.
As for who conquiers all in the "Console War" that will end all nonreality wars!!!!!!! :eek: I hope the PS3 wins.

Just my humble and slighty ranting opinions. :D
 
Last edited:
PS3.. Wii is a great console, but rofl! I don't want to play a console, I want to play the GAMES!!!! PS3 will have far better titles...
 
I have little knowledge on either three of these consoles, and like Tiny said, the actual war is really between the Wii and the Playstation 3, but anyways,

I voted for the Wii, not because I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but because it actually sounds terrific (and of what I've seen so far, the actual games for it look far more charming ^^).
 
Spec3
Last gamespot/gamefaqs poll:

1st - 360
2nd - Wii
3rd - PS3

Thats only what people own right now, not what they want. PS3 and Wii have only just launched. I bet It'll be between PS3 and Wii.
 
I personally really am not holding my breath for Ninty anymore. I bought the N-64 and the Gamecube (in their different eras) when they first came out because I liked Nintendo and cos of all the hype about them, but they just seemed to disappear into the background while the rival consoles kept getting more popular.
I dont like Xbox's period so I think that the PS 3 will win the console wars
 
Out of curiousity...does anyone here have any particular reason why they voted for the PS3? I voted for the Wii because of Nintendo's way of trying to make gaming a 'normal' thing and spreading out to 'normal' people, and of trying to make innovative and new ways to make and play games. Meanwhile, Sony is driven on making thier new console a magical multimedia machine and seems to just make gaming on thier gaming console a secondary purpose. Not only that, but with the atrocious way Sony has marketed thier system (bugs, problems with backwards compatibility, and the audacity of a $600 price tag in the name of new technology that isn't even mainstream yet), I can't see why anyone in thier right state of mind would even want to vote on it. Just because Final Fantasy XIII will be on it isn't reason enough for me to shell out around enough money to pay rent for a gaming system. We don't even know when Fabula Nova Crystallis will be released anyway, so I wouldn't decide to buy it in the present just for that.

Microsoft has always remained mediocre to me, and the only game I've even been interested in is Chopin: Trusty Bell (which isn't out yet, but it is made by a division of tri-Ace), and Mistwalker's forthcoming games. Still, it doesn't promise as much as the Wii.

And omg, the Wii has a funny name. Hee hee. Let's get over it. It's pronounced like 'Wii', in tune for Nintendo's slogan of 'Wii are the Revolution' (after the Wii's codename). This isn't a big deal, and I think anyone with an ounce of maturity wouldn't condemn the system for its name.

Ranting aside, I'm not a fanchild of any of these companies. I play the systems that have the most games that appeal to me, not because they can heat my living environment, make coffee, or become my personal computer. Personally, whenever somebody has to bring in the term fanchild to an argument, they've already lost.

Well, that's all for now. I was just curious as to why everyone picked the console they voted for.
 
Even tough I would like the ps3 to win, I am not sure, when I get the money to buy it I will buy it but the other consoles looks strong as well, I voted for ps3 because that is the console I want to win.
 
I hope nintendo dont do the same like they do with all their other machines like putting out tonnes of crappy cutsey cuddly kids games and not enough adult games. Thats why the gamecube was trounced by the other competitors.

If they put out more adult games they may be able to put up a decent fight against the ps3.

But I think the playstation brand is too big for the competitors
 
dappa said:
I hope nintendo dont do the same like they do with all their other machines like putting out tonnes of crappy cutsey cuddly kids games and not enough adult games. Thats why the gamecube was trounced by the other competitors.

If they put out more adult games they may be able to put up a decent fight against the ps3.

But I think the playstation brand is too big for the competitors

Why do you think that Nintendo only produces 'kiddy' games? I really don't know what the 'adult' level of a video game has to do with it's quality.

Don't know what you're talking about here.

Yes, it's price tag is certainly big.
 
Tiny Bronco said:
Spec3


Thats only what people own right now, not what they want. PS3 and Wii have only just launched. I bet It'll be between PS3 and Wii.

It's about what they want ;)
 
Zeromus_X said:
Why do you think that Nintendo only produces 'kiddy' games? I really don't know what the 'adult' level of a video game has to do with it's quality.

Don't know what you're talking about here.

Yes, it's price tag is certainly big.

Wii will be in great disavantage, graphically... the only good thing about Wii is the controller, IMO
 
The controller is a good inovation and the graphics really don't make the game it is the game play. The X-Box 360 has done well with that. The real battle lies with the Wii and the 360.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top