Why come older people as well as women watch soup operas?

Seyluv

*Isu's Empress/Wife*
Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
5,441
Location
???
RPG Name
Beloved-Shadowqueen
This question I really wanna know, there is always these soup opera freaks, who watch them non stop, like my mom or elder people.

I can't stand watching soup operas(I think this is how you spell it.), they are so boring to me.

Why come a lot of old people well as older women, mainly in their 30 or older who loves soup operas?
 
Well, they watch these most likely for the same reason you watch what you watch, and for the same reason richboy watches cartoons.

Because they like them..?
 
Zeromus_X said:
Admit it. You watch All My Children from time to time. :)

But seriously, yeah, maybe they enjoy watching them.
You just shut your mouth. ;)

:D Even I watch a few from time to time. o.0
 
Zeromus_X said:
Admit it. You watch All My Children from time to time. :)

But seriously, yeah, maybe they enjoy watching them.
I hate that show. Never in my life did I watch that show nor will I ever will. My mom love that show she have a single scene on tape and she never miss it too. The only thing I saw that came close to one was this show called Summer Scent.

And the only reason why I start watching that show is because of the cast. A few of the actors from that show was from my favorite TV show, Glass Shoes. :D
 
you guys are lucky. whenever one comes on, my mom calls me and makes me watch it,Nnnnooo the torment. she even woke me up to watch it. WTF, you woke me up for that crap and it happen like 5 minutes ago:mad:.
 
Lol! I sure feel sorry for you, but at least its not as bad as hearing someone sing.

This girl I know loves to make me listen to her sing. She can't even sing and let she does it everyday.
 
Caleb the vampire!

*dun dun dun dun*

Shame the show got canceled. But he's on another, AS A DOCTOR! =\

I rarely watch it, lol. Still, I can't hide my soapy side from time to time. :D
 
Well, I don't have that kind of a side.
 
Well I think I do.
 
I'm a woman and I have no idea. Possibly becuase its like real life but a lot more dramatic and those who watch them wish they would have more going on in their lives which makes them appealing but its just a quick theory.
 
Yeah, I guess. I can understand dramas, but soup operas. I mean it just so fake and boring.
 
empresscrystal said:
Yeah, I guess. I can understand dramas, but soup operas. I mean it just so fake and boring.

It's not only with soap programs, it's the same thing with ordinary sitcoms: once you get into the people and the relationships, you love to watch the happenings between those people.
 
I guess so, but All my children and the rest just weird. This drama I used to watch called Wife was like a Soup Opera, but really just a serious show about love and stuff. Most soup opera I seen really aren't like that. If they were then maybe I would be hook too.
 
The women in my family watch soaps because they like to believe their lifes arent as full of crap as the characters are. They are a form of release and showing they should be happy that their lifes arent as messed up as the ones on the screen.

Plus its something for them to disguss at work the following day.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top