Yuffie Kisaragi... -_-"

Luis

·· Fresón rebelde ··
Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
1,539
RPG Name
Deathhunter
Ok, here it goes:

I CAN'T understand why does Yuffie appear in almost every Final Fantasy game!!! I mean... she's only an immature girl from Wutai and has no relation with main plot of FFVII, but then in Dirge of Cerberus she appears every now and then...

And now, it seems she appears also in the Crisis Core game!! [See characters]
Which relation could she probably have with all the Jenova/SOLDIER/Shin-Ra stuff??

She isn't even funny!!! The part about Cloud in drag was way funnier!!

Does anyone feel the same?
 
yer i know what you mean. when i was playing Dirge Of Cerberus i wanted to blow her head off... ¬_¬

in FFVII she stole loads of my money as well... and there is absolutly no point in getting her in the game because all she does is get in the way.

in Advent children all she does is run up a building and throw her shuriken at the buhamet... and it doesnt even damage it! she may as well of poked it with a fork!

in short, i hate her...
 
Totally!!
It's not that I hate her, but damn! there's no sense in giving her so much for a role!
 
I think in dirge of cerberus and advent children she was given a bigger role to show how she has developed as a character.

In FF7 she was a very selfish ninja who thought of only her self and her homeland and stole from your party. She was in a way forced to take part in the struggle against shinra and sephiroth cause of self preservation.

In dirge and advent children she plays a completely different role where she is part of an organisation which strives to help others and heal the shattered world caused by meteorfall.
 
i didnt particularly like yuffie that much, but when u think about, she dusnt actually have any kind of big role, she's always on the very side of the screen and stuff, and in DoC and AC, she isnt really in either of these things, so i cant realy see y u think she has a big role?? maybe coz shes not a big character, she's not seen much
 
reasoniamalive said:
but that doesn't mean she appears in 'almost every' FF game
Dammit! >.< I meant in every FFVII game!! 'Cuz like, she's back in Crisis Core!!

clief101 said:
so i cant realy see y u think she has a big role??
She did have a bigger role than Cloud or Barret (for example) in DoC. She interacted with the main character and the plot much more than the others, thus the bigger role... ¬¬"

dappa said:
I think in dirge of cerberus and advent children she was given a bigger role to show how she has developed as a character.

In FF7 she was a very selfish ninja who thought of only her self and her homeland and stole from your party. She was in a way forced to take part in the struggle against shinra and sephiroth cause of self preservation.

In dirge and advent children she plays a completely different role where she is part of an organisation which strives to help others and heal the shattered world caused by meteorfall.

Yeah, I get your point. Maybe you're right. But since FFVII is the original one, I don't get why isn't she selfish and childish anymore in these spin-offs. The only thing I can also think of is the developement of the character you mentioned. But I still claim I wouldn't give so much attention to that character!
 
Yuffie is a throwaway comic relief character that one can easily integrate into a game without having to come up with a long, melodramatic plot arc to justify her presence.

Plus despite her actual age, she looks about 14. These games are made in Japan.

Enough said.
 
Luis said:
She did have a bigger role than Cloud or Barret (for example) in DoC. She interacted with the main character and the plot much more than the others, thus the bigger role... ¬¬"QUOTE]

she still dusnt have a big role tho, cloud barret and tifa actually do interact with vincent more than yuffie dus...they talk on the fone 4 like 5 mins whereas yuffie is just saying comebak down at the start of the game...in AC she sed like 5 words and that was it...im exagerating ino, but u get my point
 
Luis said:
And now, it seems she appears also in the Crisis Core game!! [See characters]
Which relation could she probably have with all the Jenova/SOLDIER/Shin-Ra stuff??

In the original FFVII game, it's mentioned that Wutai fought against Shin-Ra. (Some people must remember that). I suspect that this is the relation that Yuffie has with Jenova/SOLDIER/Shin-Ra in CC.
 
ThroneofDravaris said:
Yuffie is a throwaway comic relief character that one can easily integrate into a game without having to come up with a long, melodramatic plot arc to justify her presence.

Plus despite her actual age, she looks about 14. These games are made in Japan.

Enough said.

The original one was also made in Japan, and then you still could enjoy stories like Cloud's, Tifa's or Vincent's ones, 'cause they had something to do with the main plot. There are already stories and characters more mature (as a character) than Yuffie.
Therefore, it's silly to do what they're doing with the character in the spin-off games.

Drake said:
In the original FFVII game, it's mentioned that Wutai fought against Shin-Ra. (Some people must remember that). I suspect that this is the relation that Yuffie has with Jenova/SOLDIER/Shin-Ra in CC.

I couldn't remember that... but still I don't think she was one of those fought them... by that time she would be only a kid!
You might be right. But I just hope she's given a minor role in CC.
 
Last edited:
Luis said:
The original one was also made in Japan, and then you still could enjoy stories like Cloud's, Tifa's or Vincent's ones, 'cause they had something to do with the main plot. There are already stories and characters more mature (as a character) than Yuffie.
Therefore, it's silly to do what they're doing with the character in the spin-off games.
I don't think you quite got what I was saying. Cloud, Tifa etc aren't incorporated into side games like Dirge of Cerberus because their character types demand a large amount of attention that would ultimately distract from the main plot. It's easier to put Yuffie into these scenarios because no one expects her particular character type to receive anything resembling development.

The comment about Japan was just a jab at that particular countries' creepy attitude towards underage women. I didn't mean for it to be taken seriously.
 
Last edited:
ThroneofDravaris said:
I don't think you quite got what I was saying. Cloud, Tifa etc aren't incorporated into side games like Dirge of Cerberus because their character types demand a large amount of attention that would ultimately distract from the main plot. It's easier to put Yuffie into these scenarios because no one expects her particular character type to receive anything resembling development.

The comment about Japan was just a jab at that particular countries' creepy attitude towards underage women. I didn't mean for it to be taken seriously.

I still don't think her presence in those games was that necessary...
Red XIII barely appears, and he hasn't spoken in any of the spin-offs either... (and I like more his role than the Yuffie one)

But I get your point, and I know what you mean.
 
Luis is right, of course. Yuffie would have been a kid then. But she may have witnessed the fighting up close. And/or helped in some way.
 
clief101_ said:
hooray...so we agree on this??

I don't think so.

I know what Throne (or you, if you both agree) means and he isn't wrong at all, but the fact that it might be easier to put that character in a story doesn't mean that I like it.
I mean, they've changed the original role of the character and they've given her more relevance... they even show Yuffie in the DoC intro helping people in Midgar... :confused:
I find it totally unnecessary.
 
maybe they do it because she wasnt given much of a role in the original game....that would make sense to me...because both vincent and yuffie r optional characters, they're given bigger roles in DoC...and because yuffie actually had a bigger role than vincent in the original (side quest with Don corneo in it), thats y vincent is the main character in DoC...i jus finished it last nite...AWSUM!!!
 
Again, I still think Vincent's role in the Final Fantasy story is more important. He was once a Turk, he was in love with the woman who brought Sephiroth to the world, and he has a direct hate-relationship with Hojo. He has directly interacted with the story in the past...
 
yeh but u could make the same statement about barret...he doesnt have a direct connection to hating shinra other than the fact that they burned down his home village....yuffie doesnt have a direct connection to hate shinra other than the wutai war...all of the characters in some way have been affected by the villian
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top