A cure for homosexuality?

Andrew Scaves

Black Mage
Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
157
Location
Alyuwan,Trenal
Website
krystallight.proboards67.com
Occupation
don't have one I'm filthy rich
RPG Name
Andrew Scaves
A recent study from a scientific group have discovered a way to alter a fly's sexual orientation. The case brings about a lot of controversy, like homosexuality being biological and not based on the choice of the person. You can read on the article here http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071210094541.htm
 
I'm not even going to read this article... Homosexuality is not a problem or disease... Whether scientists think they have figured it out or not...
 
The scientists were contemplating as to see if they could cure homosexuality. I was just stating by this experiment if time would arise if the decision were to offer genetic surgery for homosexuals or bisexuals to become straight or the straight to become gay. I was merely contemplating on the future about something that will probably most cause protest.
 
Alright, my apologies if I came off as rude just now... Being gay myself, I, obviously, don't believe that it is a biological thing...
 
Homosexuality is not a disease. So, I can't think of a reason for scientists to do so... actually, I think they should use that time for investigating a cure for cancer, or aids... for example.
 
That is good point Luis... Cancer and AIDS is way more serious than a cure for something that many wouldn't want to be cured from, even if it were a disease...
 
Well, the woman who asked them to pull the plug was completely right... The research of this is completely misguided... They, as Luis said, should be searching for cures for cancer and AIDS... So what if they can change a subject's sexuality... They would be able do to the same thing with anything, given a motive... The mind is very complicated and many different therapies or treatments can alter ones thoughts or views...
 
I just can't believe that they're pouring money into bullshit like this. CURE homosexuality? NO. SUCH. THING.

Try finding a cure for CANCER, retards.

Sorry, but this really pisses me off. AND the fact that they were experimenting on animals. It's sick, sick and twisted..
 
Yes, it is... How to word this? ... Yeah, sick is a good word Faust... I mean, there are many LIFE THREATENING things out there to worry about, rather than worrying about altering someone's being... That is even more sick than testing it on the animals...My sexuality is a part of me... Of who I am... So if they were to take that away from me, I would be "me", now would I? I mean, my parents have already told me that I'm full of bull-s*** for being gay... They are part of the population who says "We are right, homosexuality is just a bunch of people denying their true desires, etc." ... People like that are idiots for saying that a person doesn't know their own self...
 
Wow.
This thread makes me kinda sick too.
I mean, I'm straight and everything..but if someone loves someone, they should be able to love that person no matter what their gender is, no matter what. It wouldn't be fair if they couldn't. Thinking about someone who can't be with the person they love because its "not right", that makes me kinda sad thinking about it; makes me feel bad for them.
And fzcking testing this shit on animals?
wtf dude?
How would they like it if we put them in little cages for hours on end and shoved all these different medications down their throats? Watch them die?
Watch them suffer?
=/

Un-cool.
 
Yes, it IS pretty one-sided, but that's only because most, if not all, of the people here have a good mindset, a good conscience, and plenty of common sense.

This is a mere matter of COMMON SENSE, and it would surprise me if someone were to suddenly pop up and decide to support this little twisted 'experiment'.
 
Yes, it IS pretty one-sided, but that's only because most, if not all, of the people here have a good mindset, a good conscience, and plenty of common sense.

This is a mere matter of COMMON SENSE, and it would surprise me if someone were to suddenly pop up and decide to support this little twisted 'experiment'.
..That wouldn't surprise me all TOO much.
I know there are plenty of people in the world like these 'scientists'
Who just don't care of people feel anymore.
Thats how it seems to me.
As we go into the future, maybe people will start looking like robots.
=_=
But..I would never respect or forgive anyone I knew that would want to support this.
Thats horrible.
 
This is BULL!

you know they say that we'er made from god right? well if there are gay peploe then god has to be a little gay himself

Why?! WHY?! are theses ass-hat wasting time and monney on this maddness!?


They can be helping the old live longer!

They can Fix 3rd-world states!


BUT NO!!!!


THESE *edited*! MAKE GOOD FINE HUMANS FELL LIKE S*** BECAUSE THE "JESUS LOVERS" B****.......

god this makes me mad......gays are human too!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
haha that's crazy. That would mean god was a little murderer, a homosexual, a devil worshiper (at this point if this were a computer it would explode after I typed that) and all the other bad things (well homosexuality isn't bad in my eyes, but if you called god gay, that wouldn't be good.) They say god is all knowing and all powerful, well if he were all knowing, then wouldn't he know he was going to build people who would build satanists and evil-doers? We have free will right? Well what about predestination? Doesn't he have the big plan where he knows where we'll all go? So if he's all knowing, there can't be predestination, and vice versa, therefore god doesn't know what's going to happen in many cases and is therefore not all powerful either
 
Off topic but you speak of Satanists as "evil" like they are bad people I believe that is a horrible sterotype. Most true Satanists are very law abiding people. And I myself consider myself a heretic so do you consider me "evil" and bad as well.
 
Actually , devil worshiper was never spoken as a bad thing in my sentences that i could find. The devil/satan is the opposite of god, which is why god would not enjoy them mkay? With that in mind, re-read my post please
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top