Absolute favorite RPG series other than Final Fantasy.

lol, same here. KH2 was better, but it got a bit boring too fast...
 
kingdom heart...but i like very much Legend of Dragons (ff is the best but LoD is good)
 
I'm surprised no one's said Dragon Warrior/Quest besides me. O.o It's pretty addicting.
 
Oblivions are very fun. Exspecially Elder Scrolls.
 
darkshadow2247 said:
i cant believe i forgot SMRPG. that was the first ever RPG i played and it's what got me addicted to RPG's
True that. :D I got another copy, because my first got thrown away. By accident, of course.

God, I love Dark Cloud 2. Just the crappy intro music made the awesome mood die, at the moment. Making items, powering up weapons, evil rabbits becoming all powerful beings in the world. I knew it would happen, but heh. It was kewl.
 
Hydra said:
I'm surprised no one's said Dragon Warrior/Quest besides me. O.o It's pretty addicting.
I coulda sworn I did. :p I've played DQ I-III, and VIII. I've played IV-VI, but didn't get very far in them. I've never played VII, though I'll probably get that as my next used game. How many have you played? :)
 
Played or own? O.o

I've played III,V,VI, and VIII. And I own VIII. I still haven't played through it 100%, and I got it 2 months ago. o.o It's a pretty long, fun game full of sidequests. :D Especially Dhoulmagus... -.-
 
Hydra said:
I'm surprised no one's said Dragon Warrior/Quest besides me. O.o It's pretty addicting.
Well, the Dragon Warrior/Quest series was never released in Europe (I have known about them for about as long as I've known about FF, just never really bothered to download them and I couldn't buy them..), until part 8. I bought 8 almost as soon as it was released here in Sweden, and I'm really enjoying it! I may have to check out the older parts after I'm done with this one :D
 
The one thing I like about DQ is that it doesn't break from tradition. It stays...the same, basically. I suppose some people wouldn't like that, but I think it's nice. (As opposed to FF, which has many different teams/experimental styles/etc.)

Wasn't VIII awesome?! I'm glad you all enjoy it. It's nice to have a good turn-based RPG every now and then. :p
 
ShadowHeart said:
Well, the Dragon Warrior/Quest series was never released in Europe (I have known about them for about as long as I've known about FF, just never really bothered to download them and I couldn't buy them..), until part 8. I bought 8 almost as soon as it was released here in Sweden, and I'm really enjoying it! I may have to check out the older parts after I'm done with this one :D


That's one of my favorite series as well...
If you can find III and IV in the series...those are the best IMO. I played the hell out of both of them growing up and had to repurchase them in adolesence. GREAT games! <Sighs.> :cool:
 
I miss my copy of IV. -.- The last boss of VIII was easy. The hard part was getting the sages power to him. Well, he's not the LAST boss, but the last regular story boss. The last boss is crazy. -_-
 
Zeromus_X said:
Most DQ final bosses are generally difficult. (II was insane.) I think II for sure is the toughest DQ game.
O.o Don't you dare remind me. XD The true last boss of 8 is generally easy with the Dragon Soul ability. If you don't have that by that time, while most probably wont, it's a bit of trial and error on winning. All depends on what the opponent does. And how leveled/good you are. o.o
 
Hydra said:
it's a bit of trial and error on winning. All depends on what the opponent does. And how leveled/good you are. o.o
that's how i like my bosses...most of the time. i tried that with Seymour Flux...but failed miserably lol. i went up against him so weak i literally spent like 20 hours on Gagazet training
 
lol. X-2 was tough for me, mainly because I was in a rush to finish it and didn't level up that good.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top