Anyone like the junction system?

If you mean the junction system, then no its not good. It was an interesting idea but its one of the things that makes me dislike ff8 becuse if you want half decent characters you have to spend about half an hour drawing one spell >_>
 
I didn't have a problem with the junction system.. It can get a little boring drawing magic, but that's it IMO.
 
I thought that it was great because it let you control every single aspect of the characters. Other things I liked about FF8 are the active ATB bar, and of course, the graphics. I didn't however, like the fact that Squall and Rinoa's limit breaks were selected on such a random basis, and you couldn't decide which one to pull off.
 
I agree that 8 was a good game, junction was good, but i didn't like that fact that ur limit breaks came when you were almost dead
 
i know about the aura, but should of been like in ff7 w/ the limit breaks
 
They can't make it the same way every time.. :)

I actually like the limit breaks in FF8.. when I don't have Aura I simply put Squall and/or Zell's health down to the yellows in boss fights and execute limit break after limit break. There's almost no boss that can give a real challenge in FF8, so having your HP in the yellows is not really dangerous if you know what you're doing.
 
Except for countless deaths against Omega Weapon, a few to high level Ruby Dragons casting Breath in my first playthrough and the occassional Malboro (if you're not prepared with top notch status defense, they will slaughter you), the only time I've died in FFVIII was when Irvine got confused with 100 Death junctioned to status attack. That was almost funny :)

But yeah, the bosses in this game are very easy IMO. Especially if you run a low-level game and has some of the best junctioning magic.. you will slaughter everything in your way :)
 
Shadowheart said:
the only time I've died in FFVIII was when Irvine got confused with 100 Death junctioned to status attack. That was almost funny :)

that's halarious... what bad luck! :p
 
Re: Is junution any good

gcarev10 said:
i have drain on satatus attack it is good thing but is not referf on booss.

I have drain on all my characters, and it sucks when I fight zombies. And I think juncion is great.
 
Re: Is junution any good

It caused me some trouble understanding it at first...but after mastering it...it becomes a great help...and the limit break is necessary on low HP such that party member makes hes/shes best manoeuvre out of despiration in a fight same as with monsters....
 
Re: Is junution any good

as stated above, other than drawing 100s of spells, the junction system was quite cool. (though it did make the game quite easy...)

probably the reason why this guy's trying this challenge?

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=78007

he also beat ffIX with a level one party! (ozma too!) and in case you were wondering, yes, thats me, and my cat-tastic sig! :D :p :)
 
Re: Is junution any good

i actuall didnt like the junution :)
 
Re: Is junution any good

I quite like the idea of the junction system as it allowed you to totally control the evolution of your characters.

But i had 100 ultimas to my elemental defense, 100 pains to status attack, 255 for every stat apart from spirit plus a 100 of every other type of strong magic to every possible type of junction and my characters were almost indestructible.
 
Re: Is junution any good

There is nothing to dislike about the Junction System...
 
Re: Is junution any good

Yeah I think it was a pretty good idea, made the game a bit too easy though if you utilise it correctly.

I really didn't grasp its true potential til the end of disc 4 on my first playthrough. Ultimecia and griever were a pain cause they kept on robbing all my stocked magic.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top