are you afraid of death???

Do you fear death??

  • Yes it frightens me to think of death

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No why be scared?

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • A little but not major issue

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A lot but not quite a phoebia

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
At times, i was not afraid of death, for i gladly welcomed it. I've wanted to die numerous times, so i never thought about being scared of it.

Obviously I was having second thoughts; I'm still here today.

When I think about it now, I just wonder where we go when we die, if we even go anywhere. The thought of that now frightens me more, once I had seriously thought about it.

Sometimes I'm still not sure, but those are my current thoughts...
 
mmmmm thts cool. umm yer the alcohol damaging brain cells.....bla bla bla......i no....if accept tht.....but like i said it isnt tht major a thing for me. i dont heavily drink so its not so bad. and THERES TWO THINGS TO BE GUARENTEED IN LIFE!!!

DEATH AND TAXES!!!! lol

but ummm yer.....we should all take a moment to consider about where you would want to go when you die (into the world of Final fantasy would be cooll :)) where would you most wanna go?

id personally go to a place of tranquility and peace where i can spend eternity in rest with those i love. i dont wanna die......i dont want to make people cry at my funerial......i wanna see a smile on the faces of my loved ones. the only thing i live for in this world is the chance to make people happy :) if i cant do tht then i dont deserve the love of others...and i would willing let death come to my door....id not be afraid anymore....but becoz of my passion for creating joy i keep creeping through life.......i wont die.....ill dodge death for as long as i can. Thts the main reason i fear death. becoz i fear tht my loce for others will be lost. i enjoy life. even at the times tht most would break down and cry in agony.....i always have a smile on my face. (the people who no me can comfirm tho none are really on here lol) but yer....thts why i fear death...the real reason
 
I'm not scared of death simply because I'm not going to smoke or drink a lot when I'm eventually old enough to be able to do either. Sure, I'll drink but not excessively. This guarantees that'll I'll live as long as I'm able to, unless of course; I get a disease.
I would hate the fact of living forever though because eventually you just want it to end, which is why if I had a set of wishes; living forever would be the last thing I'd wish for.
Like richboy said: "Everyone has to die sometime."
 
well yes. death is a certainty of live. an endless cirlce tht we must wander forever with no escape. wat im sayign is i want to live as long as i can. dodge death for all i can :)
 
I just hope after death you actually go to some sort of "Paradise".
It'll be kinda stupid if it all just goes black, but I really don't know whether to believe religion or not anymore. =/
 
religon is a high reason for death. most suicides happen in the name of religon (suicide bombing self sacrificing to gods etc) and most wars have some for of religous aspect. so i just choose to ignore the beliefs of religons and leave each to his own. believe what ever you like BUT JUST DONT THINK I WILL lol
 
I don't believe in Religion anyway. =P
I just don't understand that if Religion is true then why are so many people getting left behind (Spirits)? Your also right in saying Religion is the cause for most deaths, infact, I'd say it's the cause for both WW's and 65% of most deaths.
 
Yggdrasill said:
I just hope after death you actually go to some sort of "Paradise".
It'll be kinda stupid if it all just goes black, but I really don't know whether to believe religion or not anymore. =/


It's quite possible that when one dies, nothing happens, and they just disappear; they cease to exist.

Religion has always taught that we go somewhere when we die...and people can believe whatever they want, but this may or may not be true.

And like Dappa said, these and many more beliefs are what cause human beings to fight and make war with each other.

Despite that, everyone should just hold their own beliefs about religion and death and life, and everything else, and not impose their beliefs on everyone else. One should just look forward to finding out for themselves where they go when they die, when the time comes.
 
I always knew I would die and so I've never been afraid of it. You can't do anything about it and its sure to happen. Its how I die that is improtant to me.

Doctor Faust
It's quite possible that when one dies, nothing happens, and they just disappear; they cease to exist.


I agree with the above. I hate it when people say things like there has to be something after death.

Life is just the result of protiens and acids that started interacting with there environment and eventually became "alive". People have suspected that since the Hellenistic Age and have known it since the late 20th century. Its perfectly reasonable to assume that life is just an incredible complex reaction of chemicls that will fail as more and more objects are put into that reaction. There is no reason to beleive that a "soul" exists. Consiouse thought could just be more cause and affect.

Wether there is a "God" or not is up to yourself and always will be because we (humans) are never going to be able to prove or disprove it.

On the other hand, since we can only understand that we cannot understand the "universe" (That is such a stupid term) I am led to believe in a "God"
 
Tiny Bronco said:
I always knew I would die and so I've never been afraid of it. You can't do anything about it and its sure to happen. Its how I die that is improtant to me.

Doctor Faust


I agree with the above. I hate it when people say things like there has to be something after death.

Life is just the result of protiens and acids that started interacting with there environment and eventually became "alive". People have suspected that since the Hellenistic Age and have known it since the late 20th century. Its perfectly reasonable to assume that life is just an incredible complex reaction of chemicls that will fail as more and more objects are put into that reaction. There is no reason to beleive that a "soul" exists. Consiouse thought could just be more cause and affect.

Wether there is a "God" or not is up to yourself and always will be because we (humans) are never going to be able to prove or disprove it.

On the other hand, since we can only understand that we cannot understand the "universe" (That is such a stupid term) I am led to believe in a "God"
people only say that according to their religion,or what they believe..some people might believe some thing completely out there that you know could never happen,but you never know that person could be right.
 
I personally do not fear death for myself. What i fear is the death of those I care about and love you know its your friends you dont want to die or miss. Except Jhimian we are so shooting his coffin out of a cannon and into the Baltic sea.
 
I fear pain but I do not fear death. As far as I'm concerned death is just a transistion to eternal nothingness/peace. There are good and bad things in life. But in death there is nothing. Just that eternal nothing/rest. With no dreams or nightmares. Of course, I'd prefer a quick and painless demise.
 
I'm not really afraid of death, just the manner of my death. I would rather die among friends than die alone.
 
I agree with Jhimian I would rather die among friends and I would prefer to die either protecting a friend or at peace.
 
Best friends to the end Blackstar.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top