Blitz Ball

Arrrrrgh Today I was fighting don tonberry for over an hour, I got bored fighting him so I ended the battle through lack of time.

When I was at luca someone hinted quote "you have to win some more games"

I could do with wakkas 'attack reels'.

Can someone tell me what conditions have to be met at blitzball for wakka to learn this overdrive and secondly does anyone know of any locations where decent blitzball players can be signed up? The best one I found so far was Rin.

Thanks in advance.
 
Ok never mind. I am on my second play of ff10 and I have learnt every overdrive for wakka.

I think this blitzball is a bit long winded but know I finally understand it all, I am starting to enjoy it.

I could never bring myself to remove datto, letty, keepa, botta and Jassu from the team to recruit new players. So they have levels of around 40 at the moment.

I am only 5 games away from winning the Jupiter Sigil. Yay!!!!
 
Well here is an easy team solution as long as you don't mind waiting til later in the game to start playing blitz alot.

I always wait until i get the airship to get my blitz team together.

I always get Brother, Jumal (Goaltender), Svanda, Wedge, and Naida from the jump.

Brother is a decent shooter at higher levels and a good defender too, he is also fast and has good block. Tidus is a good shooter but a poor defender, i've found that brother can more than make up for tidus's defense handicap.

Jumal is a good idea for a goaltender at first until Nimrook becomes a free agent. (I mention Nimrook from the al bhed phyches because he has the best catch stat at max level (level 99) Basically, all i do is set brother at mid, naida and tidus on either side of him, jumal in the goal, and wedge/svanda on defense.

Then all i do is just play league mode and get techs/exp to make them better.

Brother can snag the ball most of the time. In the unlikely case the offensive player gets past brother, tidus, naida, then svanda/wedge compensate. And jumal is the best goalie to have early on, as soon as he hits lvl 3, just set him with super goalie and you don't have much to worry about.

Set tidus with sphere shot/jecht shot and you're good to go til you get tackle slip and other useful techs. (Tidus+Jecht shot+Tackle slip 2=Uber leetness)

Since i made this team combo, i have been undeafeated in blitzball.

It's a sure fire way to grabbing those overdrives and that oh so sexy sigil :P
 
Last edited:
Personally I can't stand blitzball, it makes no sense to me when trying to control your players.
 
Yes but it's required to get Wakka's overdrives and the sigil to unlock his legendary weapon.

I guess if you don't care about that and you wanna skip blitz, that's up to you.
 
For some reason I cannot play Blitzball at all. Everything I do messes up the game. My brother is really good at it though
 
dappa said:
I found that once my team learnt the counterattack formation I was unbeatable at blitz.

Even a low stat team could win with that formation.

I don't even use formations and i still haven't lost a game for 500+ games.

What exactly does the counter attack formation do anyway? It must be decent if a low stat team can win with it.
 
My brother isn't that good. I find it to be kinda boring anyways. I would rather just play the game then mess around with Blitzball
 
Griever said:
What exactly does the counter attack formation do anyway? It must be decent if a low stat team can win with it.

Ah yes counter attack. What it does is push your two forward players right outside the goalie area and they stay around that area.

So when theres a blitz off and your team gets the ball all you do is long ball it to your foward players (there wont be a single computer player near your forward players) and get tidus or whoever is in forward to take a shot. Its that easy to score.

Only switch to counter attack formation after getting the ball.
 
Gackt Camui said:
Hmmm I will have to try that myself...maybe I will actually be able to play if i get it down?

Just use the team/positions i mentioned up a ways on this page of the thread, and you are sure to win.

You can even swap wedge for wakka, and put naida on defense instead and wakka as a forward, that works well also.
 
Last edited:
i gotta say blitzball is an awsome mini game tbh.i wouldnt really call it a mini game cos there's plenty to do on there also
 
reasoniamalive said:
I enjoyed the pwnage I gave every team after I got Blappa (fwd), Wedge (guard), and Miyu (goalie.) I used Datto as my center and Ropp as my other guard. I didn't need any stinkin formations. LOL.

Haha. That sounds like an interesting team, i may have to try that one out :o

But so far, mine hasn't failed. XD
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top