Final Fantasy 6 as the best one . .[possible spoilers]

Re: Best THING about FFVI

the coolest thing that happened to me while playing FF6 was actually an error!
: (don't know the name of the town, the one in the outer west) the first time you are there, and you pick up Shadow. Then i decided to rest at the inn. And then the weirdest thing happened. You saw a scene outside the inn. Two men approaching eachother, they were talking like "So, are you coming later on, or do i have to wait?" "Yeah, i'll be there, but it might take a while." "Ah well, we'll see how it will turn out to be." "See ya later" "Bye, and don't forget it." "I will".

:eek:

*with a weird song on the background*

TELL ME, has anybody else encountered something like this? Something that wasn't supposed to happen?! I'm not joking :cool:
 
Re: Best THING about FFVI

Avathar said:
the coolest thing that happened to me while playing FF6 was actually an error!
: (don't know the name of the town, the one in the outer west) the first time you are there, and you pick up Shadow. Then i decided to rest at the inn. And then the weirdest thing happened. You saw a scene outside the inn. Two men approaching eachother, they were talking like "So, are you coming later on, or do i have to wait?" "Yeah, i'll be there, but it might take a while." "Ah well, we'll see how it will turn out to be." "See ya later" "Bye, and don't forget it." "I will".

:eek:

*with a weird song on the background*

TELL ME, has anybody else encountered something like this? Something that wasn't supposed to happen?! I'm not joking :cool:


I think what you experienced was a dream Shadow was having. He has those @ certain points during the gameplay. He's very mysterious. The dream actually changes depending on what actions you take throughout the game.

I have heard of a wierd glitch (even from some on this site) that gives you a read error and when you reboot the game you get exceptional items (Like the atma weapon) that you are NOT supposed to have @ that point in the game.
 
Re: Best THING about FFVI

... well, after the 'dream sequence', nothing was changed. But at that time, i can assure you, it was freaking me out :cool:
 
Re: Best THING about FFVI

well yes, but those dreams were OBVIOUSLY dreams of Shadow ABOUT Shadow :cool: : In the World of Chaos, when i got Shadow back in my group, and i rested in..... (forgot the name)the village of Relm and Strago.

There you saw Shadow in a family-townspeople-crisis, and he ran away. But it was so focused on the one man in the dream, i figured it out that it was Shadow (in the dream he looked ....lord like :rolleyes: )

But that's as far as i remember of Shadow's dream sequences.


(oh yeah, also a weird "glitch" i had in FFIX (well, i was very drunk and have smoked a lot while i played :D ): when Bahamut was attacking Alexandria and you can control Steiner and Beatrix, i went into the street towards the mini-theater, and all of a sudden, i had to fight Bahamut!......after fighting the dragon, and both Steiner and Beatrix had HP 1, guess who came to the rescue:...................................QUINA!!! S/he defeated Bahamut by 'eating' the Dragon :eek: it tasted bad :D )
 
Last edited:
Re: Best THING about FFVI

Wasn't Shadow a female ninja??? I get so confused about that - but I thought I remembered inuendo(s) about Shadow being a female...?

I think what I loved most about part VI was the vastness of the world. The gameplay was ok for the time, but the multiude of things that you could do were awesome.
 
Re: Best THING about FFVI

...Shadow a woman?......mmmwell, in the dreamsequence.. Shadow still looked like a male Lord. Although THAT would be interesting :)
 
Re: Best THING about FFVI

everything it's so funny its a very good FF game.
 
Re: Best THING about FFVI

reasoniamalive said:
Wasn't Shadow a female ninja??? I get so confused about that - but I thought I remembered inuendo(s) about Shadow being a female...?

Shadow is in fact a male. Thanks to a slight error in translation, when you rescue Relm or Shadow from the Cave in the Veldt, it will say "she", because they didn't make a separate dialougue for if you actually rescued Shadow.

*SPOILER*





Of course, Shadow is Clyde Arrowny, Relm's father, so of course he's a man. (Go through all his dream sequences and talk to the NPCs in Thamasa, and tell me he's not Relms dad :) )
 
I know there are some here (like me)who think that this game is the best ff.
But..wouldn't it be nice if we named the reasons we believe it to be so?

First of all,music.
Mr.Uematsu always creates magnificence,but this time he outdone himself.Songs like ''Tina'' , ''Wanderer of Time'' or ''Aria Di Mezzo Carattere'' are not word-describable.

Depth of story and characters
There are so many characters in this game that you are bound to tend to like somebody,or to be paralleled with someone.The story is so thrilling and changes so dramatically that even the most offish player would have never imagined.You just want to experience that.


Difficulty
This game is one of the few that made me so pissed off with its difficulty.But that lead to my adoration of it consequently.


A constant urge to find out what's next
This game did not have a stagnant moment.Always ,there was something important to do.[not like ff8 for instance]


This is my point of view about what made ff6 my best ff.Of course these aren't the only factors that contributed to my view of the game's hypostasis,but they are just some of the many assets of this truly magnificent game.


What made Final Fantasy VI great,in your own estimation?
 
It isn't what I'd say the best, but I do love all the FFs, so...:p

What did it for me was balance, the greatness in every aspect of the game (music, graphics, storyline, characters, system, etc.) and the way it kicked it off for later FFs.
 
ff6 is maybe the best of all the ff...
probabily because its story is beautyful and the themes are great... and kefka is also one of the best enemies in the story of ff
 
I don't really think it the best one ever made. It is the third best, my all time favorite is ff7 and after that is ff8.
 
Eru Iluvatar said:
This game is one of the few that made me so pissed off with its difficulty.But that lead to my adoration of it consequently.

:rolleyes: Well, I must disagree with the first part, since in the World of Ruin you just find too many possible relics that are just that broken. (Offering, Moogle Charm, and the way that you can find the best weapons is quite easily done), but that actually doesn't bother me at all, 'cause of the mixture of that and the exciting gameplay of the World of Ruin (all little sidequests ^^) makes it one of the best Final Fantasy games.

Besides, I don't find one thing annoying on FFVI's story or its characters. :)^^
 
FF6, IMO, is the best among FF games for all the reasons stated by you guys. Can you imagine how high on the collective fan assessment chart it could have reached, had the game come out after FF7?
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top