Gaining Diabolos

dirge_of_sephiroth

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
62
Age
46
Location
you don't want to know
Occupation
Writer/Journalist/Photographer
RPG Name
Helna R'shuken
Have you ever used Laguna and the boys to fight and gain diabolos? I did once in the first dream squence, right before you meet Julia.
 
I never thought about that. I usually get him after Cid gives you the *spoiler* or when I'm in the Timber Owls before Squall goes to wake up the "princess" :p :D
 
Diablos gives you some pretty awesome abilities, so I tend to get him ASAP. Never really thought of waiting until you're in the dream world.
 
The first time I played the game I wasn't sure what the Magic Lamp was for, so I waited until I was in a Dream Sequence again and used it, and had to fight him with Laguna and company. :p Now of course, I get him as soon as possible.
 
For me i got Diabolos before i faced the faked pres. he was a little hard but i beat him with meele and GF attacks
 
I got him before I fought Adel, I wasn't really trying to get him. I was just using him for pratice.
 
I always get Diablos a little late in the first disc, usually after getting The Brothers GF.

That way I feel more prepared. Plus it's no big deal to have to wait a little while to get the Mug ability.

But I have never thought of using Laguna and company to get Diablos...maybe I'll try that next time. :D
 
Good lord I hated Diablos. It took me anhour and a half to beat him. It was funny I finally gave up and cast Blizzard for the sheer hell of it and the nhe was like "You're powerfull I'm beaten," and all that jazz. I was like OMFG! COOL!
 
If I remember correctly if you drew a demi from him and stocked it then used it on him he would counterattack by casting curaga on the person who attacked him.
 
yup tht correct. i use diablos to stock holy magic. if you fight him at like lvl 65+ he has it to draw. very useful on the first disc with 100 holys on each character in the main party :D. also stocking up demi helps too just for easy healing against him :D


Also fighting him in the dream world makes him weaker and easier to win against. is a must do for piss-easy wins. though even in the normal world hes not tough. just using attacks and limits and demi stock-cast is simple. :D


on the 3rd disc also theres a boss just before you fight seifer tht is max damaged by diablos......useful if your not tht strong in the game :)
 
Last edited:
I didn't use the Magic Lamp until sometime after defeating GF Brothers...
Figured I'd need it to defeat Sorceress Edea at that time...
 
Squall Lionheart said:
I didn't use the Magic Lamp until sometime after defeating GF Brothers...
Figured I'd need it to defeat Sorceress Edea at that time...

But does Diablos hit Edea?? What i remember is that he allways misses bosses.
Or is that just something i have made up myself :p
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top