Girls and self defence.

Zerlina

Black Mage
Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
293
Age
37
Location
Canada
Website
www.freewebs.com
Occupation
Lots of stuff
RPG Name
Fortuna
Re: School Uniforms

Oh and here's a point that I forgot but have noticed more and more this year. When you wear uniforms, old men stare at you. It really sucks.
 
Re: School Uniforms

Probably something to do with sick fantasies on their part..
 
Re: School Uniforms

Yeah. Completely. It's so gross.

And an example of which- today on the bus I was sitting down across from this girl who was also in a uniform. This old guy got on and put his arm around her and started touching her shoulders and stuff. She just kept ignoring him, and then when she got up to get off the bus, he tried to look up her skirt. He started talking to me, and was trying to get me to sit next to him, so I went and sat on the other side of the bus, and then he just kept staring at me. It was so creepy! Luckily some of my guy friends were in the bus ahead of me, because when I got off, he followed me (I pushed the button thing at the last minute and then got off the bus as late as possible, but he like...darted off). I saw my friends and I was so unbelievably relieved. That whole bus ride was just scary. I kept having to watch him in the window (reflection), and the looks he was giving all the school girls was just gross.
 
Last edited:
Re: School Uniforms

Zerlina said:
Yeah. Completely. It's so gross.

And an example of which- today on the bus I was sitting down across from this girl who was also in a uniform. This old guy got on and put his arm around her and started touching her shoulders and stuff. She just kept ignoring him, and then when she got up to get off the bus, he tried to look up her skirt. He started talking to me, and was trying to get me to sit next to him, so I went and sat on the other side of the bus, and then he just kept staring at me. It was so creepy! Luckily some of my guy friends were in the bus ahead of me, because when I got off, he followed me (I pushed the button thing at the last minute and then got off the bus as late as possible, but he like...darted off). I saw my friends and I was so unbelievably relieved. That whole bus ride was just scary. I kept having to watch him in the window (reflection), and the looks he was giving all the school girls was just gross.


I doubt that was just the uniforms fault though. He just sounds like an out and out pervert. I'll bet he would have been exactly the same even if you were in street clothes.

One thing the uniform can be sort of responsible for is that they do mark a girl out as underage, so any weirdo's would be able to spot one without any trouble. Thats not the uniforms fault though, its the pervert who is taking an interest in school girls who bears all the blame.

I see the girls here out of school wearing jeans and skirts halfway down their butts and tops that barely cover their chests, leaving their stomachs and the top third/half of their butt cheeks bare. A perfect dirty old mans dream. If something happens though, its not the clothes that are to blame, but the men who commit the acts.

Zerlina, a bit of advice. If anything like that happens again, especially if a strange man touches you without your consent, for heavens sake report it to the school and/or your parents and/or the police. Men who show an interest in young girls like that need to be stopped before they do something really terrible.
 
Re: School Uniforms

^Agreed (the last paragraph). The world would be a much better place (but still not a good place) if all perverts.. I guess they may be called pedophiles.. like that were gone :/
 
Re: School Uniforms

Zerlina, this is a good time to get a cell phone. That's the only problem with uniforms IMO. They can grab the attention of the wrong people.

Luis, that was sarcasm.
 
Re: School Uniforms

Therefore, my headache didn't allow me to see the sarcasm :D
I agree with Arkacia too. It's not about the uniform, it's about the dirty mind of the pervs and the stalkers. And yes, you should repots those kind of situations to your parents/school, in the case it happens again.
 
Re: School Uniforms

Self-defense would be useful. So would an aggressive attitude. Also, if you want, you can stare (evily) back. You don't have to take any crap.
 
Re: School Uniforms

I know self defense! I can flip a 300 pound man (And I'm on the bottom of average, weighing about 100 pounds.) Plus, I can break a man's collar bone fairly easily...and a bunch of other stuff. Yay womens' self defense. It's quite useful. Did you know that 2/3 of women will be sexually harassed at least once in their lives?
The problem is, you can't just go all agressive on some guy on the bus. You'll get arrested or something.

*snickers* but my guy friends DID offer to "take" him.

You gotta love hanging out with guys.
 
Re: School Uniforms

Also, non-physical self-defense. Words, facial expressions, stuff like that. You can flip a 300 lb. dude? Good fighter or not?
 
Re: School Uniforms

You mean me? I can't fight for crap. But I can get away ^^. That's what the point of the self defense class I'm taking is. Basically, just rendering your attacker incapable, then running as fast as you can. The exams are funny, because they call you in one and a time and pretend to talk to you. Then someone sneaks up behind you :P. Once you finish you can go to the upstairs and watch everyone else go through the same thing!
 
Last edited:
Re: School Uniforms

Its quite a different story when you are grabbed from behind by a stranger on the street.

I'm speaking from experience as it happened to me about 20 years ago. I knew basic self defence too, but was so bloody scared that I didn't remember any of it while the guy had hold of me. I even had very sharp knives in my bag (was working as a fish filleter at the time and was on my way to work) but the thought of getting one out never crossed my petrified mind.

Being grabbed by a stranger is a lot different to self defence classes. No matter how random the practice attacks are, you know its not real and you are safe. When this guy grabbed me all I could think of was talking him into letting me go, which I'm glad to say I managed to do. I just hope the next woman he got hold of was as lucky as I was (I reported him to the police but they weren't very interested).
 
Re: School Uniforms

It's just people with problems. You probably don't want to know what goes through their heads. You know what's weird? We're completely off-subject...
 
Quite right Totorosama :).

I've split the thread as this subject seems to be very interesting itself.
 
My sensei says it's people who have power issues, and feel that they need to be in control. The least common attack is from a stranger, believe it or not. The majority of violence against women is committed by familiar people.

Also, there was a survey done at a university a while ago, and they asked a bunch of college men if they would rape a woman if they knew they could get away with it. Something like 40% said they would.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top