Graphics VS Gameplay

There are actually a couple of things what makes a FF a good FF

like this:

1.Music
2.Graphics
3.Story
4.Random Gameplay
5.Secrets and Sidequests
6.Characters
7.World in time and place
8.Battle Gameplay
9.Challenge

... that's about it, i guess :cool:
 
Last edited:
Gameplay is a must for me, I'm generally not picky about graphics at all. I do have other things I weigh more heavily when judging a game, and gameplay is one of 'em. (With replay value, atmosphere, and soundtrack.)
 
Hm...how to put this.....ah:

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

- Gameboy graphics

- Gameplay: 10/10

- Gameboy graphics? How odd, they don't bother me at all.

- Why?

- Gameplay: 10/10
 
That game had too many funky glitches to possibly hate. xD

*Link steps though a wall and falls forever*

But yeah, I understand what you mean Avathar. And I also judge graphics from the time frame of the game. Like you said: "FFVI has great 2D graphics, and FFVII has bad 3D graphics" or something like that.
 
Mario, Street Fighter, and alot of old side scrollers are the best games in the world. Does that answer your question? :D

Graphics are fancy. It can look good, but if it's not fun, it won't last more than a half hour. Crappy graphics and fun gameplay will keep you occupied for hours and hours. So...

Gameplay>Graphics.
 
FTW! Goldeneye: 007. sorry graphics, still a gaming classic. 'nuff said

storyline>gameplay? ha! yes, a good story line is very important. but if the focus is put on the story line and leaves the player crap to do, what's the point of playing. you may as well make it a movie. games should focus on gameplay (hence why it's called a game) but include a great storyline. like FFX...it has the perfect amount of storyline mixed with a great amount of gameplay. and then there's MGS...the story line is alright, but no one plays MGS for the story; everyone likes the stealth and shooting elements
 
Exactly, so it'ld be almost 50/50. :rolleyes:

Heh...actually reminds me:

When i saw Advent Children, i was seriously thinking it'ld be better as a videogame.
 
lol, I liked Xenosaga. It's just Xenosaga II made my love go stale. o_o

Oh, and go play FF Legends 3. It has AWESOME gameplay for a Gameboy game, but the story...
 
Last I checked. Albedo is the coolest crap villian I've seen in a while. :D
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top