Hiccups

richboywonder

Swordmaster
Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
1,315
Age
33
Location
? ? ? ? ?
Website
www.gamefaqs.com
Occupation
? ? ? ? ?
RPG Name
richboywonder
does anybody know how to get rid of hiccups besides drinking water upside down,getting scared,or holding your breath.
 
Don't think about them. They will go away. Of course, once you remember you did have hiccups, they'll be right back. But that's usually how it is for me.

I always get those horrible hiccups that hurt the back. Ugh. But it's still alot better than heartburn...
 
...................














BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It work? No? Shoot. =(

Just do what Zeromus said. They go away if you take your mind off of them.
 
Watch one of thoes trick videos on the net. Where its a game, or a peacefull video, then somthing scary happens. I watch one every time i get them and it scares them away =).
 
Wikipedia article :

While many cases develop spontaneously, hiccups are known to develop often in specific situations, such as eating too quickly, taking a cold drink while eating a hot meal, eating very hot or spicy food, laughing vigorously or coughing, or drinking an excess of an alcoholic beverage. Hiccups may be caused by pressure to the phrenic nerve by other anatomical structures, or rarely by tumors and certain kidney disease. It is reported that 30% of chemotherapy patients suffer singultus as a side effect to treatment.

Interesting enough, a hiccup is a diaphram spasam.

and...


World record

The Guinness World Record for the longest continuous bout of hiccups (1922–1990) goes to Charles Osborne (1894–1991) from Anthon, Iowa. The hiccups started in 1922 at a rate of 40 times per minute, slowing to 20 and eventually stopping in February 1990 – a total of 68 years

That guy got 0Wn3D

Hiccups 40 times a min (went to 20 eventualy) for 68 YEARS. He probobly didnt breath, he just hiccuped to have air enter his lungs =P.
 
Last edited:
My...goodness. That's almost as bad as having the dreaded affliction of all status ailments, heartburn, for 70 years! (As you can tell, I really hate heartburn.)

I usually get hiccups from drinking excessive amounts of water all at once, so that would explain why...
 
Zeromus_X said:
My...goodness. That's almost as bad as having the dreaded affliction of all status ailments, heartburn, for 70 years! (As you can tell, I really hate heartburn.)

I usually get hiccups from drinking excessive amounts of water all at once, so that would explain why...

Lol, i dont think many people enjoy heartburn.

But see with hiccups for 68 years, i could see getting used to it, and it becoming a daily thing. It must have been hard for him to comunicate though.

And im not sure about talking to fast.. that may fall under excessive laughing/coughing. I dont know why it would fall there, it just seems like it would.

And if you have really bad heartburn, drink a whole lotta water. It evens out the PH levels in your stomach.
 
Staircase said:
World record

The Guinness World Record for the longest continuous bout of hiccups (1922–1990) goes to Charles Osborne (1894–1991) from Anthon, Iowa. The hiccups started in 1922 at a rate of 40 times per minute, slowing to 20 and eventually stopping in February 1990 – a total of 68 years

That guy got 0Wn3D

Hiccups 40 times a min (went to 20 eventualy) for 68 YEARS. He probobly didnt breath, he just hiccuped to have air enter his lungs =P.

O_O
 
Drinking water upside down? Not heard that one before.

I get rid of them just by drinking a large glass of water, right side up :p.

It works for me every time.
 
Arkacia said:
Drinking water upside down? Not heard that one before.

Seriously? Wow. I've always been told to do that, but it never works for me.

Maybe I'm just not doing it right.

get rid of them just by drinking a large glass of water, right side up .

It works for me every time.

I've got to try this! :p
 
Scaring me has never worked. It's been a long time since I last had hiccups, but as a child I was told to drink water with 'small swigs' (literally translated xD )
I don't think there is a way to avoid them (for me), they go away the same way they come.
 
Luis said:
Scaring me has never worked. It's been a long time since I last had hiccups, but as a child I was told to drink water with 'small swigs' (literally translated xD )
I don't think there is a way to avoid them (for me), they go away the same way they come.
Go watch the secret Jingle Bell message. =D
 
lol What's that? Where can I watch it? xD
 
hmm interesting video XD didnt scare me
and i well i get rid of hiccups by plugging my nose,holding my breath and jumping up and down three times...it only work sometimes tho :D
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top