if u attack more, itl raise it att def and att str, if u use magic on it, itl raise its mag def and mag str, but which ever side it does to the other is weakened....ya jus gota know that much....
i shall see if i can find out exactly which games have ethers...ill try to include spin-offs if ppl want me to?
I don't think X-2 does, but I haven't played Int., so I can't promise anything. DoC I know does, they'll run you out of gil in a second. I wasn't paying attention to CC much, I think there is a specific shop with Ethers in it, but I can't remember...If Kingdom Hearts count, they have Ethers to buy.
ACtually, I think CC has Ether Shop, cuase I have 99, and even though I've spammed that game to oblivion, I shouldn't have that much unless I bought them.