I think she brainwashed him...just gave him a small introduction to his ROMANTIC dream...being a sorceress knight (like the book he read in the library) and set him to fight his own friends
...are you talking about Fujin and Rajin? Cause as far as I could tell (Note: I have not gotten through Disc 2 yet), they were working for Edea, too...
I'm talking about Squall, Zell (well I'd understand Why these two would fight), And Quistis...
They might not remember their childhood at the orphanage but they remember growing up togegher in Balamb Garden...
(Note: Don't worry,I'll try not to spoil it for you )
But that's the reason they are called "Children Of Fate"
Destiny Almost seperated them forever forgetting their childhood but Fate reunited them once again to fight the evil!
Why don't you understand that?
I thought the plot twist was great, don't get why people really hate it all that much. They needed something to connect the children together, and they are the 'Fated Children' after all.
And yeah, guys, you don't need to post over and over. Stating your points once is enough.
Edit: Actually, this entire thread is off-topic. Let's try staying on-topic from now on.
I think it's common that evreyone seeks glory in all diffrent ways...
So that'swhy I'm not sure wether Seifer was under magic influence or not but in any case Ultimicia brainwashed offering him to achieve hisdream and glory but for the wrong purposes,so he either didn't care about it or was influenced (Which is my oppinion for several uncertain reaasons)