New Signature Size Limit.

Arkacia

Paladin
Member
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
805
Age
62
Location
Australia
Website
cresmoon.com
Occupation
Cat Wrangler
RPG Name
Sasami
Some of us have noticed that a few members have some really huge sigs. These are overpowering posts, making it a pain to scroll through pages, and I suspect are a nightmare to people still on dial up.

So we have decided to bring in a mandatory sig size limit for both picture and text that will apply to all members.

ba2b2d48.jpg


While it is ok for a sig to be the width of a post, without breaking the walls of course, it isn't ok for them to be any higher than the red rectangle above which is 130 pixels. We feel that is way big enough.

Everyone will get a week or so grace to give you all time to read this and do something about your sig yourself if it exceeds the size limit. After that, we will begin leaving messages in oversized sigs to reduce them, and if they are not fixed in a resonable amount of time, we will delete them.
 
Last edited:
r u like the police of dorks or something... sig's should be what ever size we want them to be.......
 
Some peoples' browsers have a hard time loading freakishly huge images, so it really works out well for everybody. And besides, signatures don't need to be incredibly huge. The size decided on is perfectly fine. I don't see why it's really a problem.
 
because it was my fault..... because the picture i made on there, it was really big.. that is why. i have dial up and i don't care so pooo on u.... lol... no but really

why does it matter... if there computers can't load the picture then oh well.... that should not be are fault...
 
First off Austin Al, flameing an administrator is an incredibly stupid thing to do. I seriously suggest you change your tone, or I will give you a permanent holiday away from this site and you won't need to worry anymore about sig sizes, savvy?

It isn't just your fault. There are a few sigs in here that really do go over the top.

It matters because every member on this site has the right to resonable access, and shouldn't have to sit and wait for ages for every page to load just because someone has a massive sig. It is also very annoying to have to scroll like a maniac just to get past the darn things and find the next post in a thread.

This is the rule that has been decided on. It isn't up for compromise. I think the limit is very resonable.
 
This doesn't concern just you, alot of members have really oversized signatures. Anyway, it isn't a big deal. It isn't very difficult to keep a signature under the height of the red box.

Edit: Ark got there before me.
 
the only thing that makes me mad is that u just now are tellin poeple about this..... i like the week notice but still.... i didn't know that u are the administrator..... thank u for make this cool site.... back to the subject.... i understand what u are saying but...... well would u tell me how to change the size of an image....
 
that is so cool the administrator threatened me lol...... i feel bad.... GRRRRR....
 
Thanks Arkacia, some of the sigs were getting out of hand. If I remember correctly sigs also consume bandwidth on the board and some sites don't even allow them.
 
Is my signature fine?

And a question. Didn't Shaggy make this site? I always though he did, but I never had a reason to think that.
 
Last edited:
Austin Al, that wasn't a threat, it was a promise ;).

You can shrink images down in programs like paint, photoshop ect. I ususally use paint myself, find it the easiest.

Tiny Bronco, yes you are right. Shaggy did make this site. I just help him out where I can. Your sig is too high I'm afraid. The new limit is 130 pixels, text or images or both.
 
Let's be reasonable, texts can't be compared to pictures...it's a big diffrence...
 
I got rid of my happiness quote. :(
How do you find how many pixels there are in a signature?
 
ok.... fine i'll leave it alone... but i would reather thank of it as a threat.. but a Promise works too... to tell u the truth i don't know why i was freaking out about it.... lol.. i guess all good thingd must come to an end sometime..... i'm just not very good with computers..... not to be mean or anything but u guys r suck ups.... its ok... thank u for letting me join again... and i would hope to be able to make new treands and cool stuff like that... FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS COOL...
 
And you can remove the space between the lines too, Squall.

My main problem with large signatures is that there is so much nonsense (well okay maybe not, but I generally don't even look at signatures more than maybe the first time I see one) to scroll over. If someone with a huge signature that takes up tons of room has made a lot of posts in a thread, that means immense amounts of stuff you have to scroll over just to read the actual posts.
 
What I meant was that texts should be allowed a diffrent height than pictures because they don't make as much trouble....

...I'm just asking you to reconsider this decision for the texts...
 
A big sig is a big sig. Whether pictures or text. Both are annoying to other members when they over power posts, and/or take much scrolling to get past. The red box would accomdate 9 or 10 lines of text within the 130 pixel limit, I think that is more than generous for a text sig.

A signature is supposed to be a small addition to every post you make, not something that is 10 times bigger than every post you make (not just you Squall, that is a general comment).

Squall, yours is too big and needs to be reduced. As I said earlier, this is an announcement of a new forum rule, not a discussion on ways to water it down.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top