Problems....

Squall Lionheart

SeeD Gunblade Specialist
Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
1,578
Age
39
RPG Name
Squall Lionheart
As shown....this thread is to display problems & their available answers & solution to avoid more losses........ here's my list:

Firefox problem.....

Gil earning pronblem......

the first problem isn't my specialty but most of the losses revolve around it......very urgent to solve it before its too late......

the second problem isn't that important...but gaining money will make it easier for fighters in battles by buying many items.....
I also suggested the battle tournaments before in another thread.......

All suggestions are welcome......
 
I can't comment on the firefox problems, because I'm techincally a forum admin and don't code.

The gil problem isn't a problem. I recently increased the amount of gil earned by posting threads and/or posts to a generous level and tripled the referral bonus. The way things are set up now means people have to put some effort of their own into collecting gil, but getting a decent amount isn't totally impossible. If you think the levels could be more generous, throw some amounts at me and I'll tell you what I think about it.

Any member can organise and run a battle tournament. Unless there is something about that I'm not seeing. If you want gil as the prizes, that can be done too.
 
Last edited:
I haven't noticed the increased post rewards.....(its still 15 to me...)
......thought I'm displaying what's needed to make this succeed.....


Final Fantasy Tournament briefing: (requirements)

1- Decide the prize money & the tournament form (league or knock-out) depending on the number of duelists...
2- Anounce it to the members & check if many are thrilled about it....
3- If many approve it.....get a registering program for gils very similiar to the lottery....also make a deadline for registrations.....
4- Mixup and select RANDOMLY (althought I don't know how) the battles (who vs. who)
5- Post in the calendar or PM fighters to notify them of their battle.....maybe post results also in threads or in the battle menu.....(I know its alot of work...but it has to be done)
6- If it succeeds in drawing attention....make a championship each month or so....

Don't take it seriously but it's a bad idea for members to organise this while having many unaccessible options......

.....its worth to try.....
 
Last edited:
What unaccessible options?

The firefox problem only affects the firefox browser. I'm here on IE now, it works fine.

If you want to run the tournaments, go for it. I'm sorry but due to RL concerns and other web commitments, I for one won't have the time to do it. I am scratching for time to get here daily as it is at the moment. You seem to know what you want to do and how, so are probably the best person to make it happen :).

The post reward of 15 is the raise. It used to be 8. If you think it should be higher, give me some numbers, but keep it fair. We don't want people to be able to buy out the items shop after only a few posts. Gil has to be earned ;).
 
No...posts are good enough this way....that's my oppinion at least....

As for the unaccessible options (Which have nothing to do with Firefox).....here are they are:
1- I can't put a prize money on my own budget.....(added to the money of those who registered)
2- I'm not technically fit to put a registering program for a certain amount of Gils......(Like the lottery)
3- I won't be the one responsible for mixing the battles since I'm planing to enter it myself....it has to be a neutral side.....
Any other problems are nothing that can't be handeled......

......I appreciate your concerns but I for one wouldn't like to upgrade my membership (Not that I decline supervising the tournament....) but having full responsibility of it won't qualify me to enter it.....that's my problem.....

So mainly someone is needed just to take care of the three points listed above....other than that its fine.........

.......would that be a problem to any of the moderators?
 
Last edited:
It used to be even lower than 8 Gil per post. I think 15 is very generous :)
 
I think 15 gil is fine. I would like teams in a tournement.
 
Last edited:
Squall Lionheart said:
No...posts are good enough this way....that's my oppinion at least....

As for the unaccessible options (Which have nothing to do with Firefox).....here are they are:
1- I can't put a prize money on my own budget.....(added to the money of those who registered)
2- I'm not technically fit to put a registering program for a certain amount of Gils......(Like the lottery)
3- I won't be the one responsible for mixing the battles since I'm planing to enter it myself....it has to be a neutral side.....
Any other problems are nothing that can't be handeled......

......I appreciate your concerns but I for one wouldn't like to upgrade my membership (Not that I decline supervising the tournament....) but having full responsibility of it won't qualify me to enter it.....that's my problem.....

So mainly someone is needed just to take care of the three points listed above....other than that its fine.........

.......would that be a problem to any of the moderators?

fine....but I want to keep this until I get a reply.....
 
Ok, the prize money is easy, just announce what you want the total to be, and after the contest is finished, Shaggy or I can go in and pay it out to the winners by just adding it to their profiles in the admin cp. Thats no worries.

I'm not sure about the registering money. Do you really need to do that. We can pay the prizes out of the "bank" so to speak, so you won't need to charge people to enter the contest to cover prize money. I don't think there is an option to do that anyway, unless we can find a way to use the lottery option.

I'm willing to do the mixing part of the contest. When the time is right, send me a list of the paticipating people, and I'll do the matching up. Thats not a worry :).
 
About the battles.....

I noticed some battles taking place since a long time that hasn't ended until now (seems both parties abaonded the fight)....so there is just one last thing......

1- Any of the moderators will have to end these battles & any others that I will report abonded then both parties will be disqualified.....(unless one or both of them confirm to me that they still are fighting.....

2- There are 2 Battles on hold currently.....one of them has ended & the other hasn't......so I might need to confirm the battle results from ended battles(like Battle #23 Kyoh vs. Yukin<go to battle menu & select browse>) so how can I tell the fighters to leave the results......?

these are the final encountered problems......other than that it can all be handeled......
 
Last edited:
I took a look at it but it was too complicated......& needs moderators to run it,& this is still just a trial.....if its useful then it might be reviewed.......not unless any of the moderators disagrees.........
& I'm still waiting for the battle problems reply......
 
Shaggy or I (not sure about Shadowheat, but he may be able to as well) can go into the admin cp and end any battles that haven't ended from there. Again, that isn't a worry.

In fact, I'll go in later today, when I have more time, and end any very old battles that are still going on. The members you mentioned above have been banned, so there is no point letting that drag on.
 
Fine then lets agree about the prize money for first three positions........
.....Since healing after each battle will cost some....the championship prize has to be a little worthy.....so I thought it can be this way:
If 1-8 fighters register....then prize will be.....
-1st 1'000 Gils
- 2nd 750 Gils
- 3rd 500 Gils

If 9-16 fighters register then......
-1st 2'000 Gils
- 2nd 1'500 Gis
- 3rd 1'000 Gils
- 4th 750 Gils
- 5th 500 Gils


(there was another minor problem about confirming who won each battle but its nothing too dangerous.....)
 
Last edited:
Whoooo! I likes! I likes! Would this just be a noraml battle set-up or something more complicated.

What about Exp.
 
it would be a 8 or 16 duellists knock-out Championship...... but still a poll is needed to know how many agree on this.......
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top