Same Sex Marrige

Do you think gays should be able to marry?


  • Total voters
    29

Seyluv

*Isu's Empress/Wife*
Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
5,441
Location
???
RPG Name
Beloved-Shadowqueen
Do you think people of the same sex should marry? explain your answer.
 
Being a Christian, it goes against my religion, so no but I also cant stop it, so meh.
 
Yeah, they're people after all and they have the same rights as everyone else. They're people, not rocks or trees or any of thar stuff. I think they should be able to marry.

To the people that think otherwise, why shouldn't gays marry?
 
Yeah, I agree, but can you guys get more in detail for me. This is a essay for me. I not asking for you guys to write it for me, but all i need is a few good reasons why or why not.
 
I don't really care, no. This is the twenty-first century and everything.

I apologize for not providing too much info other than my indifference, but you should probably state that you want information for an essay in your first post, rather than giving the impression that this is another Serious Discussion thread.
 
Unknown Kaze said:
Being a Christian, it goes against my religion, so no but I also cant stop it, so meh.


Uuurgh! :mad:

Nothing against you Unk. Kaze, but I get sick of people using the 'religion' card. If you don't know WHY you believe something, you're better of saying nothing at all...then again - I'm not trying to say you don't know, but stating that something is right or wrong based simply off of some standard handed down in any church doesn't tell the other person anything. Religion isn't what matters...its relationship! God created man. He created him to be in fellowship (closely dependant) on God and others "It is not good for man to be alone." came from the Creator himself.

Next, He (God) created woman from man. That is why 'Man will leave his father and mother and cling to his wife and the two will become one." It's more than just verses...we were meant to experience intimate love with ONE member of the opposite sex. Period. That is the main reason why ANY sex outside of marriage is wrong. I look at homosexuality the same way I look at opposite-sex-permisquity...as something that man made up while trying to think that he knows better and can do whatever he wants to do and doesn't need any gods to tell him what is what...just like in the garden of Eden.

I realize that my belief/understanding is what it is because I believe that God's Word is Truth, and I cannot make anyone else see that - its not up to me. So I do what I can to teach others and pray that God will reveal it to others through His Word and me.

Then there's the whole plug and a plug and a socket and a socket don't go together... :p :D But that's my laid-back answer.
 
Dang. :O I'm all for it.

The first thing people think of when people mention "Gay Marrige" is, ''Two women? I'm all for that. But two dudes? Eww...no." But that's not all you need to look ati. The majority of people think about sex when they hear that. Love isn't just about sex. It's being happy with your loved one, and keeping your vows true.

I don't have a problem with two women getting married. (Dang! :O). I don't have a problem with two men getting married either. They say it's okay for women to get married to other women because women have been out of the closet a lot longer than guys have. That really doesn't matter.

I'd rather see a gay happy couple than a straight sad couple. If they're happy, hell, let them do what they want. It's want they want with their life, and their desires don't need to be stomped upon because we think it's nasty for two dudes or girls to be married.

Besides Texas has been doing it for a long time, people unaware. I see you Texas! :O Anyway, yeah, that's about it. They have the full rights to get married, because as long as they're happy, it doesn't matter. I doubt seeing a gay couple would piss people off to the extent of something drastic anyway.
 
As Leónidas Hegenberg (Philosopher) (I don't know his name translation into english, sorry) said, and I quote, "While he beleives, man does not need to think".

With this, being it directed to Unknown Kaze, I mean that you believe in what you're told, not on what you believe in. Do you know what autonomy is? Believing in what you're told is not having autonomy, but being automated (Automated: Person that does what other people tell him/her what to do; not thinking by thyself)
 
That was a harsh reason!!!
I mean COME ON, you even agree with Kaze
as for me, I refuse because I think it's useless for same sex, and that's aside from any religious influence, that's my personnal oppinion
(I also know it's merely a matter of time before ToD finds out I said something and comes to disagree :rolleyes: :p :D )
 
Slider said:
I mean COME ON, you even agree with Kaze

Try to understand the difference.

Kaze said that it goes against his religion, so he follows it. He doesn't even give a reason as to his reply.

And I DON'T agree with Kaze on this.
 
Slider said:
That was a harsh reason!!!
I mean COME ON, you even agree with Kaze
as for me, I refuse because I think it's useless for same sex, and that's aside from any religious influence, that's my personnal oppinion
(I also know it's merely a matter of time before ToD finds out I said something and comes to disagree :rolleyes: :p :D )


LOL @ ^!

ToD's cool,.. that eyebrow wigs me out :p. Ne way, want to know more pep's opinion about the subject.
 
um... John
I said REASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!
I also see the diffrence, but I still think REASONIMALIVE was harsh on Kaze althought they support the same oppinion, besides it's a good thing to follow your religion! :)
 
I think same sex marriage is alright. As Hydra said before, i'de rather see a happy gay couple, than a sad straight couple. I'm a strong Christian, but i don't believe that it is wrong to have same sex relationships. I think the bible has some things in it that aren't true, that people have passed over time. I don't think Jesus himself said that Gay marriage is unacceptable, i think it was an older Christian belief from BC when the Churches were used more as a ruling power than a church. But then again, i may be totally wrong and anger some people, but thats just my belief on the subject at hand. =)
 
Slider said:
um... John
I said REASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!
I also see the diffrence, but I still think REASONIMALIVE was harsh on Kaze althought they support the same oppinion, besides it's a good thing to follow your religion! :)

Oh, you were talking to reasonimalive? :D

I thought you were talking to me.

I'll leave that discussion for you 2 then :D
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Being a Christian, it goes against my religion, so no but I also cant stop it, so meh.

He could at least develop why he goes by his religion.

I'm a Christian too, but I have my opinion and he certainly has an opinion of his onw, even if it's not the same as the one I said. Not everyone thinks like oneanother. It would be too messy :D
 
I get where you are coming from Slider. However, if you simply say "my religion says this" or "my religion tells me to do this," you might as well say "Well, my priest molested those kids...so......." Um,.. you get my point. Blindly following your religion (whatever it may be) without asking why I believe this or that doesn't help the other person reason. It may even anger the other person and they may percieve that person as a "bible thumper" or 'Jesus freak.' :D I like the latter. ;)

But in the end, I'm certainly didn't mean to be rude - and if Kaze felt I was...well, he can say so. I used to be Baptist...but the silly, sometimes stupid rules that they made up as they went along drove me nuts - and away from the church. I've since found a non-denominational church. So, yeah! That's cool. :p
 
Thanks guys uyou all have been of great help to me. As soon as I am done I will tell you what I had writen in my essay. Anyway I didn't post this thread just as a boose for my essay. I really wanted toi bring out this issus to you all.
 
One page, which is easy. I have done it before last year and I really didn't feel like doing it again. Last year it only took me less then a hour to write and back then it was three pages. I can write a 30 page if i had to. Of couse to do that it would take me a while. Anyway thanks again.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top