Same Sex Marrige

Do you think gays should be able to marry?


  • Total voters
    29
Actually I didnt have the time to type what I actually wanted to type (if that makes sense) as Ive been bogged down with Uni assignments (I havent even logged onto the site). I wanted to come back and explain why i didnt believe in the same sex mariage. Im not a follower of Religion, but a true believer in Christ and Im one of those people who also dont believe in/do something just cos someone told me to, I like to find out if its right or wrong myself before doing /believing it.

Anyways back on topic... reasoniamalive pretty much hit the nail on the head on why I as Christian dont believe in the same sex marriage. In the Bible (Genesis 2:18 for anyone who wants to look it up) it says - "And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." and then couple this with what Adam said when Eve was made (in Genesis 2:24) - "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.". - it clearly tells me there that a man should leave his mother and father and marry a WOMAN, not a man. And that is why I dont believe in same sex marriage, cos God made Adam and Eve to be one, and not Adam and STEVE.


oh and to Staircase's post:

Staircase said:
I think the bible has some things in it that aren't true, that people have passed over time. I don't think Jesus himself said that Gay marriage is unacceptable, i think it was an older Christian belief from BC when the Churches were used more as a ruling power than a church.

WTF?? thats like me saying that, as a christian, that its all right for me to drink and drive cos Jesus didnt say so. Its just common sense to know that drinking -driving aint right, and it should just be common sense that gay marriage is wrong cos its like telling God that you dont like the way he created everything and so you're going to go off and try to be god by defying his word - but thats just the way I see it.
 
Last edited:
Unknown Kaze said:
oh and to Staircase's post:



WTF??thats like me saying that, as a christian, that its all right for me to drink and drive cos Jesus didnt say so. Its just common sense to know that drinking -driving aint right, and it should just be common sense that gay marriage is wrong cos its like telling God that you dont like the way he created everything and so you're going to go off and try to be god by defying his word - but thats just the way I see it.

I hope your not mad at me for what i said. You wrote that as if you totally despised me. I'm just saying what i think.

But I defiantly see what you mean there. Nice points.

And that statement i said wasn't exactly directed as "Gay marriage is alright because Jesus never said anything about it." I said that because in your 1st post, it sounded like you only believed that because Jesus said so.

And I'm glad that you are defending your opinion instead of just letting us walk all over you. ;)
 
Good luck on your essay empresscrystal ;)
____________________________________________________________________________________

Unknown Kaze said:
and then couple this with what Adam said when Eve was made (in Genesis 2:24) - "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.". - it clearly tells me there that a man should leave his mother and father and marry a WOMAN, not a man. And that is why I dont believe in same sex marriage, cos God made Adam and Eve to be one, and not Adam and STEVE.

Ah, but it doesn't say "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife AND NOT ANOTHER MAN: and they shall be one flesh".

Still, if it said, I think that it would be kinda racist.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Staircase said:
And that statement i said wasn't exactly directed as "Gay marriage is alright because Jesus never said anything about it." I said that because in your 1st post, it sounded like you only believed that because Jesus said so.

And I'm glad that you are defending your opinion instead of just letting us walk all over you. ;)

Agreed :)
 
Wow you all are really into this topic.
 
Staircase said:
I hope your not mad at me for what i said. You wrote that as if you totally despised me. I'm just saying what i think.

But I defiantly see what you mean there. Nice points.

And that statement i said wasn't exactly directed as "Gay marriage is alright because Jesus never said anything about it." I said that because in your 1st post, it sounded like you only believed that because Jesus said so.

And I'm glad that you are defending your opinion instead of just letting us walk all over you. ;)


Im so sorry about the way it looks I was caught up in the passion of writing :o I dont despise you in anyway you're cool to me dude ^^

Thanx. If I had had the time, I would have posted that in my first post.


And to john Smith's comment, if you look at the last part of Genesis 2:18, it says "I will make him AN help meet for him" AN is singular, not plural, so it is only two people, male and female allowed in the relationship.

And finally - racist, lol ,how so? :)
 
Last edited:
Unknown Kaze said:
And to john Smith's comment, if you look at the last part of Genesis 2:18, it says "I will make him AN help meet for him" AN is singular, not plural, so it is only two people, male and female allowed in the relationship.

I don't understand :S

Racist is not what I meant, but I can't find the right word for it ^_^''
 
For me, I see no good reason why thay souldn't be able to marry. They are going to live together wether you let them marry or not.

I do not belive in the bible so nothing it says about stuff like that matters to me.
 
Last edited:
John Smith said:
I don't understand :S

Racist is not what I meant, but I can't find the right word for it ^_^''


Prejudice : an adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts. (hating people because of beliefs, or background)

Racist : person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others (hating people because of their race or color)

You meant prejudiced instead of racist. ;)
 
I really don't see the problem with them getting married. I mean we all for many years have always been fighting for rights. And yet people are trying to take away the right to marry from anyone who is gay.
 
The great problem of it is the children. Imagine yourself telling your friends that your parents are gay...

about they getting married... no oppinion
 
John Smith said:
Ah, but it doesn't say "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife AND NOT ANOTHER MAN:

Thats what I was talking about in my last post John
 
Religion, lol.

Gay couples should be allowed to get married, no matter what.

If they truly love eachother, then why stop it?
Okay, if they live in a community where there's still conservative believing that homo-sexual is an evil and unnatural something, then it will be harsh for the gay couples, so be it.

Now, I'm not a very religious kinda guy, but respecting beliefs, although not believing them: Gay marriage allowed: yes.

But Christian Gay marriage? That's something else, since then it would be "evil and unnatural", according to the Christian believe!
 
Avathar said:
But Christian Gay marriage? That's something else, since then it would be "evil and unnatural", according to the Christian believe!

Staircase said:
I think the bible has some things in it that aren't true, that people have passed over time. I don't think Jesus himself said that Gay marriage is unacceptable, i think it was an older Christian belief from BC when the Churches were used more as a ruling power than a church. But then again, i may be totally wrong and anger some people, but thats just my belief on the subject at hand. =)
Thats my opinion on that. =)

But i do totally agree with ya Avathar,
"Gay couples should be allowed to get married, no matter what."
 
Spec said:
hum... Avathar... have you been thinking about religion in the last month? xD

Oh, I've always had my thoughts on religion. And I'm glad for these threads, that actual decent discussions can be made!
 
Staircase said:
Prejudice : an adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts. (hating people because of beliefs, or background)

Racist : person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others (hating people because of their race or color)

You meant prejudiced instead of racist. ;)

Yep, it was.

Thanks Staircase ;)
________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, I've always had my thoughts on religion. And I'm glad for these threads, that actual decent discussions can be made!

Agreed :)

I have another forum (Not related to FF) that to have discussions, you have to apply for a debate club. And if you have been banned (As I was in there), you can't get in. :(
 
I'm glad of it too Av.

Honestly, I voted yes. They should be able to do it. In fact, they're able to do it in Spain. But what kind of marriage do you mean? Because I understand if you marry in the City Hall, but I find it a li'l strange if you mean marriage in The Church, since it's against it. I mean, if what you want is to get married, I think that doing it in a non-religious way would be good and enough, ''cause after all you get married, and we all know The Church is against it too.

However, if you wanna do it under a religious point of view, I don't see the problem either, but the religious community will.

LOVE IS FREE FOR EVERYONE
 
Luis said:
In fact, they're able to do it in Spain. But what kind of marriage do you mean?

Yeah, there was a law relesed in there some months ago, wasn't it? :D

Luis said:
LOVE IS FREE FOR EVERYONE

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBE!!! (YES, LOBE :D) :o
 
Luis said:
''cause after all you get married, and we all know The Church is against it too.
Avathar said:
But Christian Gay marriage? That's something else, since then it would be "evil and unnatural", according to the Christian believe!

I think people are getting a little mixed up here. Catholics (and some other forms of Christianity, but mostly Catholics) believe in no gay marriage, methodists (which I am) are a lot different. We still believe in a god, and all that Christian stuff, but Gay marriage is allowed. Heck, we've broken all the catholic rules, we've had women pastors, we've actually held Gay marriage ceremonies in our church, we even have a poker night where the teens get together and gamble. I know a lot of other forms of Christianity that allow gay marriage, but Catholic is just the most known form of Christianity.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top