Same Sex Marrige

Do you think gays should be able to marry?


  • Total voters
    29
Luis said:
Tryto think of a logical reason to avoid this kind of relationship.


See my other posts why I think it is 'illogical.'

oh and:
Reasoniamalive: I'm done with this topic. PM me if you are still curious or want to discuss this in further detail.

So...meh. :o
 
ThroneofDravaris said:
Except those groups actually had less rights than others. In this case, homosexuals have the exact same rights as heterosexuals; the right to marry a person of the opposite sex. They just aren’t allowed to marry a partner of the same sex which, once again, heterosexuals aren’t allowed to do either. So basically any line that anyone takes stating that they have less ‘rights’ than anyone else or that current legislation doesn't reflect 'equality' is pretty much moot.

That being said, I see absolutely no reason as to why anyone over the age of consent shouldn't be able to marry the partner of their choice.

Actually no, they don't have the same rights as everyone else. Last century, blacks could marry each other, but not whites, and whites could marry each other, but not blacks. Does that mean they weren't discriminated against either? It is exactly the same arguement you are using, except the discrimination then was based on skin colour and not sexual orientation.

Consenting adults should have equal rights under the law, and not be discriminated against only on the basis of sexual orientation. It may surprise some of you to learn that most homosexuals, both male and female, consider hetrosexual sex just as repulsive as a lot of hetros consider homosexual sex. So no, they don't have a choice to marry someone of the opposite sex. Homosexuals are born, they don't choose and can't just flick a switch and magically become hetro, contrary to populour belief. Bi's and experimenters can, true homosexuals can't.
 
Arkacia said:
Actually no, they don't have the same rights as everyone else. Last century, blacks could marry each other, but not whites, and whites could marry each other, but not blacks. Does that mean they weren't discriminated against either? It is exactly the same arguement you are using, except the discrimination then was based on skin colour and not sexual orientation.
I don’t get what you are trying to say. In the above situation, black people still had the same rights as white people. Sure, that law was obviously put in place due to racial animosity but they weren’t being discriminated against in the sense that black people had any less rights as to who they married then white people.

Arkacia said:
Consenting adults should have equal rights under the law, and not be discriminated against only on the basis of sexual orientation. It may surprise some of you to learn that most homosexuals, both male and female, consider hetrosexual sex just as repulsive as a lot of hetros consider homosexual sex. So no, they don't have a choice to marry someone of the opposite sex. Homosexuals are born, they don't choose and can't just flick a switch and magically become hetro, contrary to populour belief. Bi's and experimenters can, true homosexuals can't.
I never said that they can just ‘change’ sexuality on a whim. I said that they have the legal right to marry who they want; which they do, regardless of whether they are actually attracted to their partner.
 
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

An there i was expectin ToD to LEAD the rejecters! (An for ONCE agree with me!)

Anyways i voted no
 
I have never had a problem with the same sex marriages. They are human beings with feelings and needs just like everybody else and they deserve to get treated with respect also. I just think that being a homophobe is ridiculous.
 
I agree with you and its good to see that some people feel that way as well.
 
Yeah, I have to deal with so many people like that at school messing with other people because of who they love. PEOPLE CAN'T HELP THAT!
 
Exactly we have to deal with that too you either keep it quiet or they leave one of my good friends left because of harrasment and we all miss him alot he was a nice guy but no one gave him a chance hes goth to so down here that doesnt help either.
 
Some people are just so pathetic! They probably missed something good too, he could've became and amazing friend, but no, and thats ridiculous!
 
I agree with you
 
Gackt Camui said:
I know a lot of gays and bi's
Same goes for me. I know lots of cross dressing girls too. Some I'm close friends with.
 
Hum... Our world, the humanity, was borned with one rule.. Liberty, in many cases, there isn't Liberty at all, like in some countries with some Politicians... If they want to mary, if they really love each other, then I guess there is no problem, from the point of view that I was raised, two persons loving each other from the same sex is discusting, but I... like I said, people are free to choose... so... Though I don't aprove it 100% because if we're going to see the whole point, two persons of the same sex can't have children, and that way, the humanity can't grow up (but wtv, not everyone is homosexual, so...)

Btw soz for bad english
 
Thats okay and I totally get what you are saying. And you're right obviously people are not all gay and bi. I just wish the people that don't like it could maybe open up their eyes once in awhile and see these people are human beings too and they deserve the same amount of repsect just like the rest of us do.
 
This is a bit of a personal interest for me, seeing as my sister is bi. She is in love with her girlfriend through and through, plain and simple. They plan to get married, and I have no objections.

Also, a LOT of people think that my brother (See Avathar's Avatar for details) is bi. He's not, and he's really cool about it. I don't mind that people think it, and it'd be cool if he did go bi in the future.

SO yes, same sex marriage should be allowed. It's an expression of love.
 
Gackt Camui said:
Thats okay and I totally get what you are saying. And you're right obviously people are not all gay and bi. I just wish the people that don't like it could maybe open up their eyes once in awhile and see these people are human beings too and they deserve the same amount of repsect just like the rest of us do.
Hell Yeah ;res thats what alot of people in this world need to learn a little simple ;res

and to Fawkes thats one reason why religion sickens me.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top